chemlube 751 vs Anderol 555

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abyss_scuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My usual supplier is semiretired and used to sell Chemlube751 excursively. I see Anderol 555 at my hydro shop who uses it for his compressors. This is for a Poseidon PFU 100 compressor. Basically a Bauer pumping O2 compatible air. Any thoughts on switching over?

My usual supplier is semiretired and used to sell Chemlube751 excursively. I see Anderol 555 at my hydro shop who uses it for his compressors. This is for a Poseidon PFU 100 compressor. Basically a Bauer pumping O2 compatible air. Any thoughts on switching over?
Bauer recommends exclusively Chemlube 800 which is a high flashpoint triesther. Chemlube 751 is a higher viscosity (40 weight) diesther than Chemlube 501 (30 weight) diesther. Anderol 555 is very similar to Chemlube 751, a 40 weight diesther, and Anderol 505 is a 30 weight Diesther.

If you pump nitrox ever, Chemlube 800 is your jam. I have used chemlube products for 20 years and wouldn't switch myself, there are plenty of places online to get the oil you're already using.

Thanks. I have been using Chemlube 751 and it always came back Oxygen compatible. Maybe I will just stick with 751 so I don't have fill and flush.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom