What is around or near Blue Angel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Verizon plan has 4 smartphones on it and 4GB of shared data. It's $126 per month and after all the taxes the all-in monthly bill is $142. We never come close to using 1 GB of data and it carries a max of 2 GB over so if I ever needed alot of data I'd have 6GB to use in a month. If it ain't broke I'm not screwing with it... Just like regulators.

You would have loved Cozumel in the 1980's. Making a phone call back to the US was a difficult and expensive endeavor, and if someone wanted to reach you from here while you were there it was ding nigh impossible. :D

We used to go to the old Sports Page in the 80's at a certain pre determined hour and day before I left home. My wife would call down and they had a little phone booth you could go into and talk for a little while. Those were the days!!

We used to stay at Blue Angel and enjoyed it there. With that being said, we no longer stay at Blue Angel because, IMHO, it wasn't close to anything.

We used to stay at Blue Angel and enjoyed it there. With that being said, we no longer stay at Blue Angel because, IMHO, it wasn't close to anything.
Funny, the fact that it's not all that near to anything is one of the things I like most about Blue Angel. DSFDF.

My Verizon plan has 4 smartphones on it and 4GB of shared data. It's $126 per month and after all the taxes the all-in monthly bill is $142. We never come close to using 1 GB of data and it carries a max of 2 GB over so if I ever needed alot of data I'd have 6GB to use in a month. If it ain't broke I'm not screwing with it... Just like regulators.
Wow! I'm on a family group, and several of the family use large amounts of data; it's an unlimited plan, so doesn't matter, other than the big users get slower speeds at times after they cross 15 Gb in a month. I'm the least user in the group of six, but I still go over 2 Gb some months; again, it doesn't matter so I do use it for navigation, Weather including watching approaching storms on radar, FB, my favorite news radion station while at the gym, etc. - even GPSing grave sites on cemetery surveys. It's funny how much we can get into it when we do. For your group, I have to wonder why you bother with smart phones? There are some great basic phones for those who don't want to use data much, but can to an extent at times.

I think most Verizon users are on more modern plans that include free roaming in Mexico and Canada, but I guess that some aren't.

Funny, the fact that it's not all that near to anything is one of the things I like most about Blue Angel. DSFDF.
It's been years since I stayed there. Eva has done great with the place, but I preferred cheaper rates to subsidizing the improvements so moved on. Still, I remember on my last stay alone how I hated having to pay taxis when the cafe closed once a week. I don't remember any businesses close enough for my lazy idea of walking, other than the stingray prison.

It's been years since I stayed there. Eva has done great with the place, but I preferred cheaper rates to subsidizing the improvements so moved on. Still, I remember on my last stay alone how I hated having to pay taxis when the cafe closed once a week. I don't remember any businesses close enough for my lazy idea of walking, other than the stingray prison.

I have been staying there for many years, and I don't remember the restaurant ever closing once a week. Maybe that's not what you meant?

I have been staying there for many years, and I don't remember the restaurant ever closing once a week. Maybe that's not what you meant?
Yeah, I think it was a Sunday evening. Maybe temporary. It was a minor inconvenience.

Anyway, like you, I don't think there is anything really close other than the stingray prison and private homes.

It's about a mile walk to the International pier, not a bad walk depending on the temperature. Several restaurants and bars in that area. Number of beach bars along the way. The closest place to grab alcohol or snacks is the Oxxo also by the International pier, that's probably a longer walk than you want to make with groceries.

We walked from Blue Angel to Mega ONCE and took a taxi back with our groceries. I would only wish that walk on my worst enemies in the hotter months. Maybe in the winter time it would be ok, but for me it’s still a long walk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom