Ice Divers: Potential 'Advanced Ice Diver' specialty course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Folks...

In defence of...If there's a better ice diving Instructor than ABNfrog...I'd like to meet him/her...

I have the distinction of being Certified Ice Diver Tender #1...the specialty course was written and instructed by ABN...

Four of my SDI Advanced and TDI technical courses were instucted by ABN...I wouldn't be a rebreather diver if it wasn't for ABN...

For our ice diving course he had an armada of equipment...all in place to make the training extremely professional...enjoyable...and bearable...the day of our training...the outside temp never rose above -20 degrees C...the equipment included enclosure heaters and a unique hot water machine...

Believe me...he knows what he's doing...and everything is by the book...

Best...

Warren

I'm working on a new product, the Save-O-Matic, which is a hula hoop sized device that folds up into a bag holdable on a D ring. Upon hand deployment, it expands to the ring shape, floats up against the bottom of the ice, and ten seconds later shaped charges blow an escape hole for use by a lost ice diver. What I need most right now are some test divers.

I'm working on a new product, the Save-O-Matic, which is a hula hoop sized device that folds up into a bag holdable on a D ring. Upon hand deployment, it expands to the ring shape, floats up against the bottom of the ice, and ten seconds later shaped charges blow an escape hole for use by a lost ice diver. What I need most right now are some test divers.
Pick me! :D

I know this is not the season but I was curious of the percentage of divers that are ice certified?
Are there any statistics?

I know this is not the season but I was curious of the percentage of divers that are ice certified?
Are there any statistics?
Since no one knows how many divers there are, then it would be impossible to say what the percentage of Ice certified divers there is.

If you blow a hole in the ice and sink my truck.......

The better question should be is, what percentage of certs that say PADI and NAUI etc. issue are for the ice speciality?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom