Cheap Hotel for a few nights on 7MB near 7MB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sunshine Suites should be comparable to CS, Neither is on the water but it's a short walk.

Not on SMB there's the B&B in West Bay. I think it's called Shangri-La

I stayed at the condo side of Paradise Point when it was Treasure Island. They share the pool etc.Kind of an odd area of south SMB there's only one restaurant within walking distance and a liquor store. We did find a small bakery/sandwich shop in the strip mall to the south but IDK if it's still there. We thought we could do w/o a car there but after a few expensive cab rides we called Andy's - they'll pick you up.

Lousy part of SMB but 100 yds south there's a nice area fronted by a couple condo complexes.

I am not sure what you mean by "Paradise Point when it was Treasure Island"? Paradise Point is north of 7MB and Margaritaville (Treasure Island) is south of 7MB.

oops - I meant Margaritaville.

oops - I meant Margaritaville.

Oh, okay thanks!

We never stayed at Treasure Island, I remember stopping there once or twice when they had one of the few grocery/liquor stores that was open on Sundays back then. It was looking pretty run down at that time and then it stood vacant for a long time.

There have been mixed reviews of the new Margaritaville hotel that was created through remodeling the old Treasure Island - maybe they should have just torn it down and started over - but it does look a lot better than that empty, derelict TI resort eyesore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom