The new Freedom Contour - The Rolex of backplates.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I set my FP up to be a little higher on my back than I do with a regular BP.

You will feel when it is really nestled in and hugging your back. That is where you want it.

I set my FP up to be a little higher on my back than I do with a regular BP.

You will feel when it is really nestled in and hugging your back. That is where you want it.[/QUOT

I figured that it should be that way... nestled on your back. But won’t the belt webbing be too high?normally it rides just below the belly button. Or do you set it up so that it forms a Y with the crotch strap?

Yes, the waist belt kind of angles down as it goes around me, so that it still goes through the crotch strap below my belly button. So, yes, kind of a Y with the crotch strap.

Do you still set it up the same way as a regular plate? To be able to reach out in the back and touch the upper edge of the plate?

I never had a reason to check. A well-matched Freedom plate follows the contour of the spine, unlike a standard doubles plate. @Eric Sedletzky can give you more guidance if you are unsure of the optimum size.

I never had a reason to check. A well-matched Freedom plate follows the contour of the spine, unlike a standard doubles plate. @Eric Sedletzky can give you more guidance if you are unsure of the optimum size.
Yes I’m working with him right now. Even sending pix of how I look with my existing plate. Considering I’m 5’6” I’m in the border of small and medium.

I don’t want to get this wrong since I live halfway around the world

Yes I’m working with him right now. Even sending pix of how I look with my existing plate. Considering I’m 5’6” I’m in the border of small and medium.

I don’t want to get this wrong since I live halfway around the world

I am interested too. I am also 5'6". Let me know what you end up ordering.

Man, you should just run up to Mendicino and try both sizes. It's a nice drive with some great breweries up that way... :D

Man, you should just run up to Mendocino and try both sizes. It's a nice drive with some great breweries up that way... :D

Eric is about 2 hours south of me in Santa Rosa. The hour drive to see him and try the plates would be well worth it from the City (San Francisco). I only have one size from before the Contour was introduced.

I didn't know Eric was in Santa Rosa. I thought he was up in Mendicino. All the more reason for @eelnoraa to try to go visit. May as well stop by Russian River Brewing, too.... :D

Back
Top Bottom