Redundant Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But my purposes where I am on the edge of going tech, am routinely diving below 100 feet, and in low light environments they aren't suitable for me.

In the UK really lots of people learn deco using Zoops and similar. For sure an LED backlit colour screen is very nice, but not essential.

Can you post the profile, or at least, depth, time and sequence - ie first dive vs second etc?

Dive 1:
Gas: 33%
Total Time: 36 minutes
Maximum Depth: 115 fsw
Avg Depth: 75 fsw

SI: 1:03

Dive 2:
Gas: 31%
Total Time: 47 minutes
Maximum Depth: 114 fsw
Avg Depth: 60 fsw

Why? It is a multi gas computer, it does accelerated deco. The only issue is working out an approximation to plan with, that isn’t too hard having done a few dives using a reasonable limit of TTS.

ETA: I realized you were talking about a different computer. I have no experience with the i300c, I can't comment on it. Looks like a tangent to me.

In the UK really lots of people learn deco using Zoops and similar. For sure an LED backlit colour screen is very nice, but not essential.

I found using the backlight on the Zoop and Cobra to be a pain in the butt. And the screen is too shiny to shine my flashlight on it unless I cycled it down to the lowest setting. And even Suunto is acknowledging that the RGBM algorithm as it is implemented isn't the best for deco diving.

You remind me of a friend of mine, an older diver, nice enough guy, but when I mentioned I was looking at a sidemount BC he mentioned about how you can adapt a jacket BC to do sidemount. Sure you can but isn't as good as a purpose built sidemount BC. I feel it is the same way with the Suunto Cobra 3, sure I could make it work but going with a second Teric would probably be a better choice and least frustrating. And with how much I spend on some of these dives trips, it is a drop in the bucket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom