Whats the min. AA savers miles anyone used to go to Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do see Cancun from Philly , Are there good airport transfers? Which one is cheap and best ?!

I do see Cancun from Philly , Are there good airport transfers? Which one is cheap and best ?!
It's not bad. The Ado bus to Playa del Carmen is about $10, takes about an hour. It's maybe three blocks from the bus station to the ferries, tricycle porters available for bags, take the ferry that it next one way so you won't be locked into that company on return. The ferry is usually 45 minutes, cheap, and taxis will be waiting.

Leave lots of buffer time on return so you won't miss your flight.

It's not bad. The Ado bus to Playa del Carmen is about $10, takes about an hour. It's maybe three blocks from the bus station to the ferries, tricycle porters available for bags, take the ferry that it next one way so you won't be locked into that company on return. The ferry is usually 45 minutes, cheap, and taxis will be waiting.

Leave lots of buffer time on return so you won't miss your flight.

Hey Don, Real quick how is the water in Sep ? I have a savers 12.5k avail gotta book soon ....Sep 15-20 5 nights!! lmk ...THX:)
NM just booked hope the water is balmy , I dove aquacat in bahamas last year same time ocean was HOT and loved it diving in shorts .....THX:)

Hey Don, Real quick how is the water in Sep ? I have a savers 12.5k avail gotta book soon ....Sep 15-20 5 nights!! lmk ...THX:)
NM just booked hope the water is balmy , I dove aquacat in bahamas last year same time ocean was HOT and loved it diving in shorts .....THX:)
I usually go in late August, but did a September trip a few years ago. I always wear a 1 mil long suit, mostly to avoid stingers. In February this year, I had to add a 3 mile shorty over. Go for it.

I usually go in late August, but did a September trip a few years ago. I always wear a 1 mil long suit, mostly to avoid stingers. In February this year, I had to add a 3 mile shorty over. Go for it.

Phew, after a maddening search found aa savers...! Now i have time to book hotel and dive op...

So do you always go cozumel only, if so why.... where else have you been ?

So do you always go cozumel only, if so why.... where else have you been ?
These days, yeah. I had more energy and all 20 years ago so also did dive trips to Seattle, California Channel Islands, Belize, Roatan, Exumas, Florida Keys, North Carolina WWII wrecks, St. Lawrence, that I remember off the top of my head.

37206629_10212114845971234_1035247917616594944_n.jpg

When they pull those stunts or other significant changes to the ticket purchased, you do have a lot of control. You can get free changes or refunds. There may be no good options at times, tho.

On FF mile flights? I doubt that. It was pure hell coming back from T&C.

On FF mile flights? I doubt that. It was pure hell coming back from T&C.
Oh a return portion of a trip you'll have somewhat less options as you still need to get home, and on this one you had already started the return portion, so while refunds to monies paid or FF miles may not have been an option, there would be other possible. While airlines tend to be evil corporations obliged to their boards and shareholders regardless of what customers want & need, they don't want to look that bad to the public or invite congressional controls. They count on your frustrations inspiring you to do things their way, so avoid anger - and remember that the agents you deal with are people trying to do their jobs.

Within the contract of passage, they are legally responsible to complete your trip, so hold them to those expectations. The word "accommodate" seems to have some legal powers as I have heard & used it myself in asking for extra help. Changing airports in Houston would suck, yeah, as well as the extra 5 hour wait, but travel is an adventure at times. On one somewhat similar hangup, my kids & I were delayed leaving on the original leg to DFW because of weather, then delayed in DFW with additonal problems, flight & gate changes, etc. but we just shrugged and kept smiling. We called our hotel and arranged to have our keys taped to the bottom of their mail box, eventually made it to Las Vegas hours late, got our SUV rental, hit the 24 hour Walmart for supplies, then drove into the desert looking for our hotel near Death Valley. We found it, crashed, and restarted the next morning with the adventure. I probably should have written Customer Service after that one requesting compensations, but I didn't bother that time.

Another time, the airline rerouted me to Cancun instead of Cozumel, delaying me by hours, so when it started looking like a major delay, I called my dive op to postpone my first day of diving. I had a bag not show in Cancun so filed my claim and planned on free shopping as the airlie has to repay me for needed purchases. I got to PDC just in time for the last ferry to Coz, grabbed the last tricycle guy on the dock when I arrived, finally made it my hotel and crashed until noon. The airline delivered my bag before I could go shopping, so I went to lunch. After the trip was over, I wrote a polite email to customer service detailing my headaches, and they sent me a nice $150 voucher that I enjoyed using on another trip.

Another approach is to post on their FB page, preferably in a manner that others can see, briefly & politely making requests. I have seen full refunds there that would have never worked in normal transactions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom