Info Beginners Guide To BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I'm not experienced so I want to go with where I'm used to having my SPG which is under my left arm dangling down a bit.

I ended up going with a 30" hose but I got it from DGX and based on their return policy, I think that I could swap after using it if it seems too long.

Anyone have a ballpark size on what length LP inflator hose to get for a VDH 18 or 35 wing? I emailed them but the response was that it all boils down to personal preference so it was of no help.

Anyone have a ballpark size on what length LP inflator hose to get for a VDH 18 or 35 wing? I emailed them but the response was that it all boils down to personal preference so it was of no help.
I can tell you that the DSS ones are 19" and the Halcyon are 21". I think both work equally well.

I gave you an honest response based on my experience.
The main reason I stopped including LP hoses with wings was due to the fact that 5 out of 10 buyers wanted something longer or shorter than what I included and I ended up with a pile of LP hoses.
Inflator hoses are offered in several lengths as well. Again I have no idea what length you prefer. Many divers change length of hoses depending on their diving configuration at the time.
My intent was not to NOT answer the question but since I didnt have a definitive answer for it I gave you the one I give everyone who asks the same question.

The main reason I stopped including LP hoses with wings was due to the fact that 5 out of 10 buyers wanted something longer or shorter than what I included and I ended up with a pile of LP hoses.

6th diver here: I rent regs. I'm sure some day I'll get around to getting my own but until then the hose I got with my wing is gathering dust. :D

Back
Top Bottom