Info Beginners Guide To BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I gave you an honest response based on my experience.
The main reason I stopped including LP hoses with wings was due to the fact that 5 out of 10 buyers wanted something longer or shorter than what I included and I ended up with a pile of LP hoses.
Inflator hoses are offered in several lengths as well. Again I have no idea what length you prefer. Many divers change length of hoses depending on their diving configuration at the time.
My intent was not to NOT answer the question but since I didnt have a definitive answer for it I gave you the one I give everyone who asks the same question.
I get that, but as someone who has never had my own gear and has 15 dives under my belt all using jacket style BCD's, I don't know what length I prefer, so a ballpark estimate as these guys have given me would be more helpful than me just taking a shot in the dark.

I get that, but as someone who has never had my own gear and has 15 dives under my belt all using jacket style BCD's, I don't know what length I prefer, so a ballpark estimate as these guys have given me would be more helpful than me just taking a shot in the dark.
Then I'd suggest using the one from your jacket bc for a few dives and then decide if you need or want a longer or shorter one.
That way you only have to buy once.

Then I'd suggest using the one from your jacket bc for a few dives and then decide if you need or want a longer or shorter one.
That way you only have to buy once.
Well as I mentioned, I've never owned gear so I don't have a jacket BC. It was a rental every time.

I use a 55cm(~22") with my VDH #18. I could use a little shorter.

How long you need depends on how high you carry your tank relative to the wing, how much the tank builds from your back, diameter of your tank and how it exit your first stage.

You keep trying to reinvent the wheel, with less than 25 dives in your career. Buy some bolts snaps, get some cave line, and do it right. attach-boltsnap (FWIW, I usually put a drop of Superglue on the square knot after I tighten it.)

I ended up ordering a 22" hose today so we'll see how it goes.

Anyone have any experience/opinions on these?

https://www.amazon.com/Scuba-Choice-Diving-Double-Holder/dp/B007X9TNTA

I'm wondering how those would compare to bolt snaps. I'm thinking about using one possibly for my SPG hose as well on my left hip D-ring.

They both work. I find if I end up with a console, I like it better in one of those clipped to hip d-ring. With a bare spg, when it clipped high enough, there isn't enough hose to also clip at the hip. YMMV.

What is the best way to make the edges of the harness not fray after you cut them?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom