Whats the min. AA savers miles anyone used to go to Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Booked round trip Omaha to Coz about 3 weeks ago. Some time in July, United on the way down $282, American on return 15k miles. Planed on returning 2 days earlier but, was 37.5k miles. one day earlier, 25k. So ended up staying 2 days longer than planned, but hotel was cheaper than the flight.

33.jpg

Have done one way TO COZ several times 12.5k but can never get home for that.
Have done return for 25k but usually use One way from CUN on Southwest and use Capital One points .
St. Louis is home airport.
Go Blues!

Grrr! I keep trying to find August tickets Lubbock to Cozumel for my birthday. Lowest is $593, much more than I ever had to pay. Dates that work for me, $618, times that work for me those dates, $643. I'm having a hard time talking myself into spending that much. Going thru Cancun starts at $585 so not enough saved there. Belize City is only $300-something. I'm good at this, but so frustrated.

In January I flew RT LGA to CZM With good connections booked 3 weeks before departure for 12.5 each way. I booked NYC to CZM in March for September with 12.5 miles each way. This trip I am leaving from LGA and returning to EWR. It works well for me as my husband is my ride to/from the airports. I was able to choose my seat and had one bag checked free. Its far easier for me to use Delta miles but I accumulated enough AA miles for 2 trips with great flights.

12.5K one way is the best I've ever seen. Today I just booked for Feb 2020 (DFW-CZM-DFW). AA wanted 15K each leg, so 30K total plus $86.xx in tax.

If you play the transfer game from your credit card points you get a better value moving the points to AA Avios and booking the same trip. I moved 18,000 AMEX miles to my BA account and booked the same flights for 18K plus the 86.xx in tax. Had I planned better I could have utilized my Chase Ultimate rewards points when they were running a 30% transfer bonus and effecively booked the flights for a total of 14.2K miles.

Using BA for AA "domestic" flights (including Caribbean) is actually a better use of miles in many cases.

12.5K one way is the best I've ever seen. Today I just booked for Feb 2020 (DFW-CZM-DFW). AA wanted 15K each leg, so 30K total plus $86.xx in tax.

If you play the transfer game from your credit card points you get a better value moving the points to AA Avios and booking the same trip. I moved 18,000 AMEX miles to my BA account and booked the same flights for 18K plus the 86.xx in tax. Had I planned better I could have utilized my Chase Ultimate rewards points when they were running a 30% transfer bonus and effecively booked the flights for a total of 14.2K miles.

Using BA for AA "domestic" flights (including Caribbean) is actually a better use of miles in many cases.

Just enrolled in cap1 venture card, lemme spend 3k first to get 50k miles then I'll do avios thingy. I just got free avios act#(BA club membership) recently.

So after 2 months I'll apply for the best cc for avios points. Chase UR, amex everyday card are the best right?

Thx

So after 2 months I'll apply for the best cc for avios points. Chase UR, amex everyday card are the best right?

Thx
"Best" is really subjective and there are entire blogs (points guy, god save the points are two that come to mind) written about which card is best for which purpose. I like Chase Sapphire, Chase Freedom and AMEX Platinum for earning UR and MR points respectively. Since I like to transfer to not just Avios but other airlines as well. If you are really looking to earn Avios, I think Chase offers a British Airways credit card, but I don't know any of the details around it. I'm a fan of signup bonuses over straight earning.

Not from NE but this is what I got Feb 2018

Chicago to Cancun NS on Spirit for 5k miles and $37.
bag drag to Cozumel
Cozumel to Chicago NS on AA 7500 miles and @$29

While doing search for dates and flights found one way out of Czm always lower in miles than if you searched for RT miles. Maybe it was a software thing?

But best deal I ever got was booking RT to Cancun on Mexicana with British Airways miles!!!!! for 30k from Chicago. They then announced Mexicana shutting down. Called BA and said I need to get to CZm and back what to do. Agent changed to RT to CZM on AA, first class, no extra charge, said sorry for inconvenience BA takes care of customers. Upon return checked my mileage account and they also gave me back the miles!!!!!

Not from NE but this is what I got Feb 2018

Chicago to Cancun NS on Spirit for 5k miles and $37.
bag drag to Cozumel
Cozumel to Chicago NS on AA 7500 miles and @$29
None of that makes any sense to me. NE, NS, 7500 mile tickets?

I still want to go in late August, but the fares are still around $600. I guess I could do the bag drag from Belize City with a flight there for under $400. Crossing the border could be an adventure.

Back
Top Bottom