Diving Coz in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saltyfish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Has anyone done diving in October in Cozumel?
We have dove Cozumel last February and loved and thinking of doing it in October what are every ones experiences.
Thanks
Brad

We were there last October towards the end of the month. Weather was nice, rained for 30 min a couple afternoons but cleared up quickly. Current was mild most days, surface was like glass. Wasnt crowded, really quiet after the triathlon was over. All in all I would definitely go again that time of year. Buy trip insurance in case a hurricane decides to visit.

I love October. We’ve been a few times in October. One year it did rain almost the entire week but we still got to dive 5 out of 6 days. We just doubled up and did an afternoon dive trip 1 day to make up for the missed trip. I would not hesitate to go in October again.

we have gone a few times that time of year. oct / early nov. we try to get there before the turtle digs are over for the year.

our local dive shop also runs a trip there that time every year.

any tropical vacation can be hit or miss due to weather etc. i suppose the chance of really bad weather is higher during hurricane season but everything else is the same.

For many years my wife and I visited Coz in October. It's gonna be hot and humid but not quite as hot and humid as the summer months. If you are coming from Ontairo when you walk off that plane it is gonna feel like you just walked into a steam oven but that is a good thing in my opinion... One last high octane Indian summer before the miserable cold sets in up there. The only thing you have to consider is it is hurricane season and there are tropical depressions that form and float about. I think my wife and I visited Coz maybe 10 times in October and only once were we blown out by a tropical depression that decided to park itself over the region for several days... That's a 90% success rate for us. Go in October and have a blast as the odds are greatly in your favor that the weather will be great based on our experiences.

I worked there from the early 90's well into the 2000's, and my favorite time to dive was the summer and early fall. The water was almost always glassy smooth, and it was almost impossible to be cold. Even coming in from night dives I generally didn't bother putting a shirt on (assuming I brought one with me, at all!)
Also, September generally begins the big seasonal slowdown, so the reefs and the piers are considerably less crowded (as well as the restaurants, another plus).
By October, the worst of the summer heat will have begun to wane just a bit, but it'll still be nice, and the water still warm.
Going down in October's a great plan, IMO.

We go every year at the end of October. If I miss it, it means I'm dead or broke... we try and get there Oct 28 ish and stay till November 5th ish for the Day of the Dead festivities. Day of the Dead is just a wonderful family oriented celebration and Cozumel does it best!

The diving is usually great. It will rain a few times. Even in torrential downpours....I've never been rained on underwater..... We stay in town at Casa Mexicana, eat at our favorite restaurants, drink at our favorite bars, dive with Aldora, and enjoy the festivities in the square. I just booked our trip last week!

Safe travels,
Jay

September and October are my favorite months, Its quiet, the water is warm and flat and the diving is great. Arriving 9/15 and staying until 10/10.

We already have our flights and condo rented for mid-October. Counting the days...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom