Missing Diver Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steelyeyes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This was just posted on the Alerta Cozumel FaceBook page 2 hours ago.

Diver disappears in the north area of the island!
- elements of the navy activate search and rescue operation.

Cozumel Q, Roo.- the disappearance of a diver mobilizes the units of the secretariat of Marina, then that staff of the boat called "Andrés", asked for help at 911, as one of three divers who entered the water It didn't go to the surface.

After the notice, immediately marina staff activated the search and rescue operation by land, sea and air, right in the north area at the height of the lighthouse.

Horrible news. Let's hope for the best...

Just read this, one of 3 divers did not return to the surface while diving on the north end.
Anyone have additional information?

North end fisherman - he was found and news is good, I can’t link the Facebook post but here’s the pic

Attachments

• 19C292E9-5497-4B4C-BA7E-C0A8E3845EAB.png
    19C292E9-5497-4B4C-BA7E-C0A8E3845EAB.png
    307.6 KB · Views: 288
North end fisherman, per Facebook post, he was found and news was good

Attachments

• 1FCAD878-7056-4922-8422-1F20248E40C5.png
    1FCAD878-7056-4922-8422-1F20248E40C5.png
    307.6 KB · Views: 255
Me too. Rumor has it the north end of the island is a bit sporty.
Yeah, northern diving on the west coast of the island is well known for strong currents. It's outside of the park so fishing is legal, as compared to poaching that happens in the park.

Wasn't Nothernone lost at sea near that area?
I think so.

Glad he was recovered safely& quickly. I remember when a boat load of divers ended in the channel after the illegal, glass bottom boat sand. They were all recovered after several hours of drifting. I think they all had to have help and had to grow new skin. I doubt that native island fishermen would ever own a PLB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom