Sta removing the weight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fyffer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Can u use the sta on the bpw setup without the 6lb weight. If so how do u remove the weight. ?

just remove the weight assembly and get another set of bolts for the STA.

The hardest thing about it is getting the straps out to remove the weight. Working those grip pads through the slots is a bit of a pain, which is why I just bought a second unweighted one and switch as needed.

While having a second STA is nice, to answer the question:
- you first need to remove the tank straps. As indicated getting the rubber grip area through is a bit of a pain however does fit. Also if you are not familiar with threading the buckle you might want to take a couple of pictures of it open looking at it from the side of the strap so you can follow the directions.
- the lead insert will then just come out
- you should have received a set of bolts with the STA (reuse the original washers and wingnuts). If you don't have the bolts you will need to get a set that are just long enough so they don't dig into your back and they have a small square portion just under the head that fits into the square opening of the STA so the bolt will not spin when you tight/loosen it. The bolts go through the STA and then into the BPW with the wingnuts on the inside of the BPW (while this may be obvious ...)
- mount the STA on the BPW.
- re-thread the tank straps and buckles

Really can u explain how. Do u slide or lift it out I can’t get mine to move

To the first time I removed it, it was somewhat stuck. It was a pain to remove the bolts. I also used a flathead screwdriver the first time to get under the weight. Now it can be replaced and removed easily.

Here is a picture of the weight in place.

IMG_03631.jpg

I pop the screws out and remove

IMG_03641.jpg

I move the bands so they are away from the weight. Hopefully you can see this in the next picture.

IMG_03651.jpg

I then slide it out.

IMG_03661.jpg

IMG_03671.jpg

Interesting. The bolts are covered on mine and every other one I've seen, but I can feel them under the plastic now that I try. It sounds like you just peeled it away with your screwdriver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom