Kubi Dry Glove Systems Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azstinger11

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So took my new Kubi gloves out today. Very disappointed in them. They flooded pretty badly and were just about impossible to remove after the end of a dive. Any advice, tips/tricks? So I ordered from dive right in scuba and the glove came pre-assembled, which might be part of the problem. So going to take apart the glove and cuff side rings and re-assemble per KUBI's instructions. The ring with the white KUBI label was left over and I had to use on the cuff side (so not per KUBI's instructions), otherwise assembled per the directions. Pre-dive they snapped in pretty well and made to go around and the ring press them together as best as I could. Coming from DUI Zip-gloves I really liked having my hands free gearing up but obviously flooding and them being all but impossible to remove post-dive make them not particularly desirable.

So any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Mine are difficult to remove, but they have never, ever leaked. Assemble them the way they show you to and they will not leak. The instructions could be better, but the pictures are reasonably clear.

In my experience, leaks are a result of poor assembly - or a puncture :). Its normally a fold in the glove where it is mounted on the ring.
There are a good few of us with Kubi's. Most have tried a variety of dry gloves before settling on the Kubi's as the best solution, and easiest to use. My suit actually has the mating rings built into the suit, which also helps. When I first had them, the suit company had punctured the sleeve, so initially I though I had a leak.
One other advantage, is that it makes it easier to change cuff seals.

There are plenty of video's on line - as an example.

A dab of washing up liquid on the O-rings does help assembly and disassembly, although strictly speaking you shouldn't need it.

Kubis are great system. Same as above leaks seem to be from user error. I do put a small amount of silicone lube on the glove side o-rings. It lasts for months. I only reapply when the gloves become difficult to remove.

Ok I'll take them apart and try re-assembling.

Other than pressing firmly all the way around the rings, is there anything else i should be doing? When I dove I looked around the glove and it looked seated as far as possible (obviously something wasn't correct by the leak).

Mine are difficult to remove, but they have never, ever leaked. Assemble them the way they show you to and they will not leak. The instructions could be better, but the pictures are reasonably clear.

Mine didn't come with any instructions whatsoever (just the pre-assembled glove side, then the parts for the rings) so I was just googling KUBI install videos. Do you have a link to any official install instructions?

Thanks for the help everyone.

In my experience, leaks are a result of poor assembly - or a puncture :). Its normally a fold in the glove where it is mounted on the ring.
There are a good few of us with Kubi's. Most have tried a variety of dry gloves before settling on the Kubi's as the best solution, and easiest to use. My suit actually has the mating rings built into the suit, which also helps. When I first had them, the suit company had punctured the sleeve, so initially I though I had a leak.
One other advantage, is that it makes it easier to change cuff seals.

There are plenty of video's on line - as an example.

A dab of washing up liquid on the O-rings does help assembly and disassembly, although strictly speaking you shouldn't need it.

Hmm okay, my gloves were pre-assembled from the manufacturer. Guess I'll take them apart and re-assemble. I agree they appear to be the best, and I'm 99.9999% sure it's something with how I (or the gloves) were put together. The O-rings are particularly a pain in the butt to assemble on my zip seals so was hoping it was something else.

@azstinger11 lets us know after your re-assembly and dive - if you have any leaks ?

I'm about done with my poor dexterity w/ the DUI blue zip gloves.

Back
Top Bottom