Kubi Dry Glove Systems Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@azstinger11 lets us know after your re-assembly and dive - if you have any leaks ?

I'm about done with my poor dexterity w/ the DUI blue zip gloves.

Sure, but it’ll be a bit. Yeah the poor dexterity above water (the KUBI’s were better underwater as well but I didn’t think the orange zip gloves were that bad) was the main thing I wanted.

Sure, but it’ll be a bit. Yeah the poor dexterity above water (the KUBI’s were better underwater as well but I didn’t think the orange zip gloves were that bad) was the main thing I wanted.

The Kubi system will work fine with thin gloves and thick ones (up to a point). I use about the thickest ones that will work (10 or 11 mil Showa's, IIRC) because my diving involves sharp objects, often, and I wear the thickest liners I can stuff inside. So, my dexterity is not stellar in the water. It's better than 7mm 3-finger semidry gloves though, and much warmer. Thinner ones with thin liners offer better dexterity but less puncture resistance and less warmth.

Mine did not leak on today's dive. As usual, except when I cut a glove.

The Kubi system will work fine with thin gloves and thick ones (up to a point). I use about the thickest ones that will work (10 or 11 mil Showa's, IIRC) because my diving involves sharp objects, often, and I wear the thickest liners I can stuff inside. So, my dexterity is not stellar in the water. It's better than 7mm 3-finger semidry gloves though, and much warmer. Thinner ones with thin liners offer better dexterity but less puncture resistance and less warmth.

Mine did not leak on today's dive. As usual, except when I cut a glove.

I really want these to work well, just annoying they didn't from the start.

Mating the rings you do have to push them together squarely. You can't smash one side all the way in then go to the other and start smashing away. Work them together in 2 to 3 passes.

If the O-rings don't want to slide well a light, very very light, touch of zip lube. Work it in and test the install. If it slips together too easy take a clean rag and buff the lube down a little.

If you are using tools, multiple people pulling, to take apart the rings after a dive. You probably have the rings cocked and a cave man approach of keep yanking was picked up by someone trying to help. Just like putting them together, they have to come apart straight. Might take a little walking around the ring working it loose in circular pattern.

They are not a plastic lid where you get one corner loose and just peel. That may work great for zipgloves but that will not work on Kubis. Relax and put the gloves on and off the suit while NOT wearing it. Figure it out at home in peace and not the stress of trying to get in the water. The Kubi works great. But they are rigid rings and you have to think of them as.

As for leaks, be really anal about where the O-ring seals the glove. Work the glove up and down a touch and make sure there are no pinches.

Back
Top Bottom