My broken leg...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please heal soon and I hope you get back on your feet soon. (pun intended)

If you wanna compare battle scars I can show X-rays of my all cadaver parts hands. I'm just saying I feel your pain. Enjoy the Vicodin or whatever they've given you and never ever ever ever ever miss a physical therapy appointment. They are sent by God I swear and they will get you back in shape. Go to every appointment and do what they tell you no matter how painful or frustrating. I've been put back together so many times now I'm speaking from experience.

Heal well. Take care. My thoughts are with you.
*great big hugs*

Accident prone?

Always a fun endeavor. :D :D :D No cadaver parts, but I've had 9 surgeries to my hands. Mechanics sacrifice their hands to their craft. I know I did and have often said that "cars bite". So many scars. A broken finger and a broken arm to boot.

I can appreciate the mechanics comment. My Dad was one before he became one of NY's Finest. He still did that work as a side job for extra money in our garage. I've seen some of his knuckle busters. Not an easy job. I understand what you're saying. As for me my profile name is because I'm an avid cyclist but also motorcyclist. How I'm still alive is beyond me. Bicycles and motorcycles have pretty much literally broken every single bone in my body. The worst was getting rear-ended by a tractor trailer during rush hour on one of my Harleys. Took me three years to walk again unassisted. No wheelchair, no crutches, no cane. I hope you heal so so so much faster.

OK. I'll shut up now. I'm just trying to say I am sorry this happened to you and I hope you heal soon.

Accident prone?

Accident prone is an understatement. LOL!

I actually celebrated earlier this year that 2018 was the first year since 1999 that I was not in an ambulance, the ER, or admitted to a hospital.

I'm an adrenaline junkie. It's going to kill me.

Accident prone?
Not really. Those who stay on the couch never get hurt. Most of my surgeries are from worn out parts, again from not staying on the couch. Here's a meme I made to express my thoughts on this...

3480ky.jpg

There are definitely easier ways to add ballast if you find your trim is off because your feet float.

How long before he posts a classified, WTB one negative and one positive fin.

Get better! Mind a question? When I see x-rays like those, I notice screws going through the bone and looking like the points are out the other side a bit sometimes. Is that happening? What keeps them from tearing up the muscle?

Sorry to hear that. Get well soon!

I know what you have been going through. I broke 6 bones of my body. The last one was my right knee cap split into 2 pieces when I slip a step on a stair in a liveaboard, landed on the knee. DAN took care of my flight home while my health insurance took care of the surgery in Indonesia.

Some already think I have a screw loose. I don't need to give them more ammunition.
Far more screws loose than he will admit!

When I see x-rays like those, I notice screws going through the bone and looking like the points are out the other side a bit sometimes. Is that happening? What keeps them from tearing up the muscle?
I have no idea. None, nada and squat.

Back
Top Bottom