Super Wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ctdiverdown

Reaction score
Hi every one. This is my second post here on the scuba board. I have been reading old threads to find out what the sb in general felt about the gear or the (kit) that i dive with. All the gear but my wing seems to be liked by the board. I have a dive rite super wing. I have about 100 dives with it and it been a great wing for me. I have to admit if i saw what the people on this board said about the super wing, i wouldnt have picked one up. I read one post about super wings with over 200 threads so i figured my title called super wings would get some action. Oh by the way a dive rite super wing only has 77# of lift not 100#. :dazzler1:

ctdiverdown:
Hi every one. This is my second post here on the scuba board. I have been reading old threads to find out what the sb in general felt about the gear or the (kit) that i dive with. All the gear but my wing seems to be liked by the board. I have a dive rite super wing. I have about 100 dives with it and it been a great wing for me. I have to admit if i saw what the people on this board said about the super wing, i wouldnt have picked one up. I read one post about super wings with over 200 threads so i figured my title called super wings would get some action. Oh by the way a dive rite super wing only has 77# of lift not 100#. :dazzler1:

You dont need that much lift!

ctdiverdown:

Hey ctdiverdown. Welcome to the board.

eastcoastdiver:

I see your last post was in september on another post about supper wings.
How do you know how much lift he needs.

eastcoastdiver:

Your write i dont need that much lift. Give me your phone# i call you before i buy something else to make shure its ok with you. Thanks

ctdiverdown:
Welcome to the board.

That 77 pounds is probably a bit much, but I would not get too excited about it since you already know that is the wrong wing for you and will not be getting another. As long as you do not put a high volume inflator on it, you should be fine and can use that wing until it dies of natural causes. A stuck inflator will be a bigger problem than it should be, although manageable.

If a wing that is a bit too big is your biggest problem, you are miles ahead of most.

Once again, welcome to the board.

I also have a SuperWing and would have to agree with most folks that it is an awfully "big" bladder. Probably the biggest "problem" I have with it is that you do get a fair amount of air rolling around. I don't concern myself with the problems related to drag or the bungee cord debate. One thing that I will always prefer is the redundant bladders. When I dive in S.FL I wear a wetsuit and I prefer a redundant bladder to using a lift bag to get off the bottom. There isn't much chance of me swimming my doubles up without something full of air! JMHO-M

Eastcoastdiver, your shoes are too big for you.
^
Tongue in cheek statement to insinuate that one should not give a conclusion without having any facts upon which to base that conclusion.

Ct,

Welcome to the board. It is clear that you like your Super Wing and enjoy diving with it. As the old saying goes, "if it any broke don't fix it."

I have two Dive Rite wings, a 35 and a 60. I just got back Friday morning from 8 days in Cozumel diving with low pressure 95 and 120 single tanks. The 120's I use weigh nearly 60 pounds full and the 35 worked just fine.

When I'm diving with my PST 120 doubles and two 80 slung aluminums doing deco diving the 60 will keep me on the surface. I found early on that my drysuit fully inflated would not hold me at depth if I had a wing failure no matter what my position was in the water. If you're comfortable with your Super Wing and like the built in back up that's great. If you're planning on doing some sunny warm water diving then a second smaller wing would definitely be a good investment.

Jim
Louisiana

ctdiverdown:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom