Missing diver found entangled - Miri, Malaysia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The basic equipment suggests he may have been some local commercial fisherman.

Maybe but translation says "recreational activities".

Maybe but translation says "recreational activities".

Yea but a backplate with no BCD and no octo second stage is far from recreational.

So if the guy died of just death, who's up for some imaginary scenarios from inaccurate information anyway

Possibly gas too.
Not sure i follow. Thats 1000 psi left in the tank. Unless something else incapacitated me If i were trapped I would breath the whole tank down working the issue? Assuming a full tank to begin with wouldn't a gas issue have revealed itself earlier such as a contamination issue? I dont recall the report stating depth or gas mix so it could have been a MOD issue or CNS issue if he was breathing a mix. We arent going to ever know on this. I feel for his family.

Not sure i follow. Thats 1000 psi left in the tank. Unless something else incapacitated me If i were trapped I would breath the whole tank down working the issue? Assuming a full tank to begin with wouldn't a gas issue have revealed itself earlier such as a contamination issue? I dont recall the report stating depth or gas mix so it could have been a MOD issue or CNS issue if he was breathing a mix. We arent going to ever know on this. I feel for his family.
I'm picturing someone who's task-loaded laying fishing traps, breathing heavily, and possibly fighting through symptoms of contaminated gas fixated on finishing his mission.

"MAYAT mangsa lemas ketika melakukan aktiviti selaman rekreasi telah dijumpai oleh unit PPDA BOMBA pada pukul 10.50 pagi ini.Mangsa ditemui tersangkut di lokasi terakhir ketika melakukan selaman.

Mayat mangsa kini dibawa ke Marina Bay Miri oleh pihak Maritim."

My attempt translating Malay to English (fixing the butchered Google Translate):
The recreational diver's lifeless body was found by the PPDA BOMBA (local SAR rescue diver Marine) unit at 10.50 am (Monday). The victim was found entangled during diving in the final location.

The victim's body is now taken to Miri Marina Bay by the Marine."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom