Stump house tunnel Walhalla SC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is diving allowed there? I'd not heard of the place and I could not find anything about it being a dive site. All I could find is that it's a part of a city park in Walhalla.

@tbone1004 , you know anything about this?

I've been wondering myself. Looks like it could be a cool site for cave divers..from the pictures

It looks like a slog-through tunnel for pedestrian park-goers.

You dont really know until you check it out. A local guy my friend knows just said hes dove and there are apparently some old wagons in it

Stump house tunnel has three entrances. The main one everyone uses, a second entrance that is gated off entirely, and then a third one that the entrance is flooded. Is that the one you're referring to as the saddle tunnel? I've been in the main tunnel more times than I can count, and to the second entrance twice. It's a very strenuous hike there with no gear at all. If I'm not mistaken the 3rd entrance is more than twice as far away as the second entrance. Absolutely no way to make it that far with any sort of dive gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom