how to sidemount with lp72's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

but with the 72s i would move them to the lower d ring once they felt floaty then feel like i needed to move them back up because they hung below my leg then floaty again and so forth...

This isn't making a lot of sense to me.
I can't think of any SM cylinder that has a heavy tail that gets light then heavy again as you use the gas up. Unless there's something about how your neck bungies are yanking on the other end which seems extremely unlikely.

This isn't making a lot of sense to me.
I can't think of any SM cylinder that has a heavy tail that gets light then heavy again as you use the gas up. Unless there's something about how your neck bungies are yanking on the other end which seems extremely unlikely.
i agree, i couldnt see what they were doing, i could only feel it. but that conundrum is why i've asked for help from those of you with far more experience diving side mount.

Here is an interesting alternative to the sliding o-ring:

-Z

i agree, i couldnt see what they were doing, i could only feel it. but that conundrum is why i've asked for help from those of you with far more experience diving side mount.
I think you either need a selfie-stick to take pics of yourself, a helper, or a giant mirror (eg in a pool). I suspect they are not doing quite what you think they are doing (since you cant see). Its understandable and one reason why getting a SM mentor or instructor is valuable.

I think you either need a selfie-stick to take pics of yourself, a helper, or a giant mirror (eg in a pool). I suspect they are not doing quite what you think they are doing (since you cant see). Its understandable and one reason why getting a SM mentor or instructor is valuable.
that may be. i had a good sm instructor but we used heavier steel tanks in class and now that im playing with lighter tanks, he lives nearly 5 hours away. and i dont know anyone in my area who sm's.. ill try to get to the pool soon and set my gopro up and see whats going on.

also, that sliding d ring looks neat! do you think it has much better performance than the o ring?

the problem is solved! after watching lots of videos on youtube i noticed those guys had there bands much lower than mine on aluminum tanks. i moved my lower attachment point down a lot, my tank stopped flopping and i could feel some mild tension in the system between the bungees and lower bolt snap. i guess going from butt plate to waist d-ring doesnt need as big of an adjustment as i thought...

Back
Top Bottom