Golem Gear Order Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grantctobin

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Figured I'd post this as a heads up and open my ears to suggestions for getting in contact with Jakub or if anyone knows him personally and can reach out. I've had other successful orders and experience with Golem Gear but I'm about at wit's end.

4 March 2019: Place order for Golem Gear Shrimp BOV, Spare O-Ring Kit, Cold Water Knob. All are listed as in stock. Credit card charged.

11 March 2019: Email Jakub asking to add the appropriate Bayonet nuts to my order. Receive response in 15 minutes indicating that he had been out of town and had just returned. He was kind enough to add the item to my order and waive the shipping fee for the nuts. Place order for the Bayonet nuts.

10 April 2019: Send Jakub text asking if there had been an update on the shipping date of the BOV.
10 April 2019: Receive immediate response that "Sorry for the delay. The cargo is en route so we hope to get it here early next week, barring any customs issues." I inform him that I'm scheduled for a class 19 and 20 April and Jakub informs me that he has a demo unit he can send me. That day, he sends a demo Shrimp as well as the Cold Water Knob and appropriate Bayonet nuts for my unit.

13 April 2019: Receive Shrimp and use for class.

29 April 2019: Send Jakub text saying: "Hey Jakub. I'm out of the water for the next two weeks. Happy to send the Shrimp back if the new ones + service kits have made it into the country."

19 May 2019: Send Jakub text saying: "Any update?"
19 May 2019: Receive response: "The cargo is en route. Hope to have it here next week."

10 June 2019: Send Jakub text saying: "Did the cargo make its way through customs yet?"

21 June 2019: Leave voicemail asking for an update.

24 June 2019: Send Jakub text saying: "Hey Jakub. Any update on the Shrimp? Order #xxxxxx."

25 June 2019: Leave Voicemail asking for an update.

If anyone can provide advice as to next steps, I'd appreciate it. As of now, I'm fortunate to still have a demo unit but would love an update or if anyone knows what's going on (e.g. new BOV coming, change in relationship with iQSub, etc).

Thanks,
Grant

Figured I'd post this as a heads up and open my ears to suggestions for getting in contact with Jakub or if anyone knows him personally and can reach out. I've had other successful orders and experience with Golem Gear but I'm about at wit's end.

4 March 2019: Place order for Golem Gear Shrimp BOV, Spare O-Ring Kit, Cold Water Knob. All are listed as in stock. Credit card charged.

11 March 2019: Email Jakub asking to add the appropriate Bayonet nuts to my order. Receive response in 15 minutes indicating that he had been out of town and had just returned. He was kind enough to add the item to my order and waive the shipping fee for the nuts. Place order for the Bayonet nuts.

10 April 2019: Send Jakub text asking if there had been an update on the shipping date of the BOV.
10 April 2019: Receive immediate response that "Sorry for the delay. The cargo is en route so we hope to get it here early next week, barring any customs issues." I inform him that I'm scheduled for a class 19 and 20 April and Jakub informs me that he has a demo unit he can send me. That day, he sends a demo Shrimp as well as the Cold Water Knob and appropriate Bayonet nuts for my unit.

13 April 2019: Receive Shrimp and use for class.

29 April 2019: Send Jakub text saying: "Hey Jakub. I'm out of the water for the next two weeks. Happy to send the Shrimp back if the new ones + service kits have made it into the country."

19 May 2019: Send Jakub text saying: "Any update?"
19 May 2019: Receive response: "The cargo is en route. Hope to have it here next week."

10 June 2019: Send Jakub text saying: "Did the cargo make its way through customs yet?"

21 June 2019: Leave voicemail asking for an update.

24 June 2019: Send Jakub text saying: "Hey Jakub. Any update on the Shrimp? Order #xxxxxx."

25 June 2019: Leave Voicemail asking for an update.

If anyone can provide advice as to next steps, I'd appreciate it. As of now, I'm fortunate to still have a demo unit but would love an update or if anyone knows what's going on (e.g. new BOV coming, change in relationship with iQSub, etc).

Thanks,
Grant

Grant...

Sorry to hear of your plight...cottage businesses...internet buying/sellers deducting full cost + shipping charges for items which they have no stock for...third party suppliers...faulty business models...poor comminication...all adds up to what you're going through...

Although it it of no use to you now...always check DGX for what you want prior to buying ANYWHERE else...if the item shows as being in stock...order Monday...receive on Wednesday...DGX does have BOV's/nipple choices/flow direction choices...

Hope it works out...lesson learned...shame on them...

Best...

Warren

Keep trying. He is a small business and an active diver. Not the best combination. A lot of people have shipping issues, but the product is good enough that they keep coming back. Some go off on a tyrant but most realize that and ignore those.

I've been dealing with Jakub for many years, always been very happy with him, his advice, the goods I got from him, prices and shipping times.
Gotta admit, my problems are usually complex enough that I have to talk to him on the phone so I know what to order before I place an order.

Michael

I'll echo the positive sentiment. I've been a customer on and off for almost a decade. This is the first difficulty I've encountered.

He needs a secretary. When stock is there, his service is great. When it’s not, it’s a dumpster fire.

The #1 rule for buying from him is to confirm before you order that it is actually in stock. Not what the website says, what he says right before you click the buy button.

He’s a really nice guy and imports/sells some great stuff, but he really is a horrendously terrible businessman.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom