Looking for a Roommate for a trip to Cozumel in August 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FlashX

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be traveling to Cozumel for a week of diving sometime in August.
Maybe someone would like to share a room to reduce the cost a little.
Must be male as I'm a happily married guy and would like to keep it that way.
I know my way around Cozumel as this will be my third time there.
I've always stayed at Scuba Club all inclusive and have been very happy with the food and diving,
Nothing is set yet but I will have to buy the plane ticket soon,
Happy Diving everybody,

you buyin' ?? :)

Good option for solo divers is booking a room at Casa Mexicana in town and diving with the many shops that will pick you up at the pier 2 blocks away. You can book a room for under $70 a night including breakfast on Expedia or some of the other travel sites. Tons of great restaurants within walking distance and all are inexpensive. You’ll also have a different experience diving with small groups as many operators, depending on who you booked, with won’t take more than 6 divers in a group.

I private messaged Chidiver1 with no reply so I have to assume he wasn't really interested.
I can wait a few more days and then I will book solo. The difference in cost for me to go solo at Scuba Club is only $230 extra.
Not bad really. Just looking for a fellow diver interested in teaming up and going to Cozumel for a week of diving.
Total cost each would be about $2,000. Give or take a couple hundred depending on airfare.

I private messaged Chidiver1 with no reply so I have to assume he wasn't really interested.
I can wait a few more days and then I will book solo. The difference in cost for me to go solo at Scuba Club is only $230 extra.
Not bad really. Just looking for a fellow diver interested in teaming up and going to Cozumel for a week of diving.
Total cost each would be about $2,000. Give or take a couple hundred depending on airfare.

No, Chidiver1 just works a weird schedule.....
replied.

Lots of divers travel to Coz solo. I'd say skip Scuba Club and stay in town where nightlife is at your feet. As another mentioned, the Casa Mexicana is a GREAT place to stay in town (been staying there annually for 17? years now). Grab a cheaper city view room over the more costly delux ocean view rooms at the Casa if you want the best of the best in town IMHO. Or, look for a room at one of the Casa's sister hotels being the Colonial just off the square or the Suites Bahia. You still get the free breakfast buffet served at the Casa Mexicana every morning if you stay at the sister hotels, you just have about a 5-8 minute walk to get there. Then there are several dive ops that can pick you up at an in-town dock or that offer courtesy transportation from their in-town shops to their boats and back. If I were visiting Coz solo, I'd stay in town where everything San Miguel has to offer topside is at my feet and I am free to walk about and hang with other solo travelers/divers that I may meet at the various establishments. Staying in-town is very different than staying outside of town.

I’ve never traveled solo to a scuba destination, but I have traveled solo to go snow skiing. It’s a bit odd at first...the feeling of not having to ask anyone if their hungry, sleepy, ready to go, etc was tough for me to get used to. It probably took all of about 15 minutes :yeahbaby:.

If there’s only $230 difference for a week, I think I’d stay solo. Of course YMMV.

80% of my dive trips are solo. Stay downtown. If money is an issue, find a cheap airbnb. There are lots.

Hang out at bars like Cerveceria Punta Sur, Los Otates and A&D. You will meet a lot of other divers.

You guys are highly inspirational. I think I will go Solo this time. I've been looking casually for a roommate for about 6 weeks.
Local dive clubs at first, which is big city local dive clubs. I am in the San Francisco bay area. I received a couple responses but no takers.
Kind of disappointing considering with the amount of people in this area.

I very much enjoy diving and the solitude it affords from the hustle and bustle of big city life. Maybe going Solo will add to that a little bit more.
I will look at Casa Mexicana and see if that will work for me. Money is a little concern but not too much.
Thank you guys for your great comments,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom