My broken leg...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was saying her
You were, but I've been getting that crap for the past three weeks. Some hobbies and vocations are more hazardous than others. I bacame a certified climbing instructor for the BSA many years ago. RIght after qualifying, I was up on a wall and pulled my right arm completely out of the socket. All these ideas of pushing it back in are hogwash. No, I'll never climb again but I still am glad I was not on the couch. In addition, I feel every major storm and hurricane that's come my way since. Still glad I got off the couch. Sure, I'm obese and I'm ugly... that still won't keep me on the couch. Let's do something. Let's make something. Let's improve something. Let's see something. Sitting is the new smoking. Get off of the couch. [/PublicServiceAnnouncement]

You were, but I've been getting that crap for the past three weeks. Some hobbies and vocations are more hazardous than others. I bacame a certified climbing instructor for the BSA many years ago. RIght after qualifying, I was up on a wall and pulled my right arm completely out of the socket. All these ideas of pushing it back in are hogwash. No, I'll never climb again but I still am glad I was not on the couch. In addition, I feel every major storm and hurricane that's come my way since. Still glad I got off the couch. Sure, I'm obese and I'm ugly... that still won't keep me on the couch. Let's do something. Let's make something. Let's improve something. Let's see something. Sitting is the new smoking. Get off of the couch. [/PublicServiceAnnouncement]

That sucks people mess with you like that. I wasn't with her or with you.
Me? I'm in the gym for 2-3 hours a day 6-7 days a week, a lot of training but I love going beyond.... Shrug.

Fitness plays a big part into wheather or not one is injured, at a not infrequent rate, and when injured how quickly you heal. Which as you noted with your aqua time, staying active and working the affected area can have a great outcome. I tend to even go if I'm sick, it does boost immunity if you don't go overboard when sick.

OMG!! What a horrible thing to happen. Glad you are on the mend. Sheesh!

Damn, Pete. Do we need to bubble wrap you before we let you out into the world???

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Hope you're indoor today cause the heat index is in the triple digits in cave country!

Hope you're indoor today cause the heat index is in the triple digits in cave country!
Playing with 3D printing today... INSIDE. :D This old AC is having a bit of time keeping up with it, though.

WIth the help of my neighbor Daryl and my best friend, @Moose, I finally finished fixing the zero turn mower today. I spent about 2.5 hours on it and mowed a couple of acres including an acre around the house and another out towards the road... then she stopped. Grrrr. Daniel started to fix it, and apparently youtube sent him on a goose chase, making an easy fix, much, much harder. Belt went on in about five minutes and new belts ordered. But, I'm done for the day. That's more than this broke leg is used to, so it's back to the recliner for some rest.It felt good to be useful for a bit and out in the sun. The sky was overcast, so temp was a bit down today, although it's warmed up now.

Glad to hear your doing better and healing up, Not rushing you to get back in the water but when you back diving I need you and Dan to solo certify me. Dan says Blue Heron would be a good spot. Any ways do get better!! Kristina says hi. Take care my friend

Back
Top Bottom