Looking for O2 regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP - are you trying to use a scuba reg, or a medical demand reg?

I you are looking to use a scuba tank for continuous flow O2 for resus etcz
Hello,

I am looking to buy an O2 regulator and flow meter for my cylinder (Australia).

From what I know, the types I need are the following:
  • The Regulator 518800 - Oxygen, Regulator Series O, Bull Nose
  • The Flowmeter 515800 - Flowmeter Oxygen 15LPM, Ezi-Flow
My understanding is that Australia, US and UK all have different threading types.

I was wondering if anyone knows of cheaper alternatives that will work (I have attached pictures of the cylinder thread as well).

Thank you kindly in advance

OP - what are you trying to achieve here? If it's to use O2 as a deco gas, just get a O2 cleaned reg to fit to a scuba cylinder.

If you want to do "medical" continuous flow O2, it's a totally different kettle of fish.

Non-scuba O2 cylinders in Australia have one two fitting systems, the older bullnose for large bottles, and the pin-index for newer cylinders like you'd see ambo's using.
(Change in standard https://www.airliquidehealthcare.co...u/files/2015/12/04/valve_conversion_flyer.pdf)

They have a pin connector that prevents you plugging the wrong gear into the wrong cylinder. It's designed to prevent nurses and dentists from screwing up.

If you are looking for a medical / resus setup you will need
a) a continuous flow regulator O2 regulator with appropriate bullnose or pin system
b) the demand regs, non re-breather masks etc.
c) Optional: DIN to pin-index adapter for a scuba DIN cylinder.

The easist way to do this is to call DAN, get a DAN O2 kit ($800 +) which gives you the regulator and masks. Then get an adapter from either Scuba Doctor ($220!!) or TFM engineering who have every kind of adapter and O2 gear you can imagine.

Alternatively, TFM will sell you the whole shebang for about $900.

EDIT: I note from your pictures now, that looks like a 50L bulk cylinder with bullnose.

I go back to my first question, what are you trying to achieve?

These guys love to do all kinds of weird adaption setups:

http://www.tfmengineering.com.au/TFM Engineering Catalogue 2017-03.pdf

Griffo - thank you so much for the information. Very informative and helpful. I believe it's the older bullnose connection that I require (definitely not DIN).

The O2 cylinder is for medical emergencies and does indeed require continuous flow.

Thanks again my friend!

Griffo - thank you so much for the information. Very informative and helpful. I believe it's the older bullnose connection that I require (definitely not DIN).

The O2 cylinder is for medical emergencies and does indeed require continuous flow.

Thanks again my friend!
Oxygen Pressure Regulator With Flow Meter 6575802 0021 Yoke Adapter CGA-870 | eBay
You would have to replace the yoke fitting with the correct bull nose fitting but all of those are available if you can identify them.

5/8" BSP, I believe.
Yep. THe attached has the full specs for anyone curious.

Thanks again my friend!
No dramas happy to help. TFM engineering do lots of stuff - the one thing I will point out is that their current continuous flow reg only has a single output, the DAN reg has dual if you think you might ever have two victims.

Attachments

• Valve_Summary_AS2473.3.pdf
    165.9 KB · Views: 95
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom