hogarthian rig and a HP transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your SPG is on the left post in order to act as a double check that the isolator is open and your left post is on. If you check it and it is still showing the same pressure you entered the water with, then the isolator is off. If it is showing empty or very low, then your left post is off.

If you put your transmitter on your right post then you will rely on it and not get those warning messages.

Great observation but it does assume that diver relies only on transmitter. Personally I check the SPG as well during the dive.

Lance: I do wear my watch on the left side. It goes underneath my wetsuit. Your Teric should have a function where you can check the time.
My watch almost never leave me.

No spg? While diving singles? Why?

If I am single tank then I am diving shallow. (shallow is subjective to each person) If my transmitter fails, I just call the dive. In doubles I exclusively use the spg. The transmitter is just along for the ride. It is really there for after dive reports and so I can look back into the data of the dive for specific information.

Hi Lance: I put the transmitter on R side on a 4" HP Hose. Computer (Perdix) goes on right arm. Left arm is used for compass and inflator/deflator manipulation. SPG on left hip D-ring.

I have found that if computer is on the opposite side, I loose transmission at times.

View attachment 526182
I used long hoses for the xmitter because the short one like this is a snag opportunity. I also use myflex hoses so they lay down and not stick out. the 12-18 inch hp hose allows the xmitter to be on my right rib or chest d-ring and very close to the computer

I used long hoses for the xmitter because the short one like this is a snag opportunity. I also use myflex hoses so they lay down and not stick out. the 12-18 inch hp hose allows the xmitter to be on my right rib or chest d-ring and very close to the computer
Interesting point.

im very curious with this setup.. so you use a HP flex hose . how does it route? from right shoulder to right D-ring?

Honestly im having concerns with the 4-6in. i was thinking of bungee to the plate but the transmitter would be behind my body... or bungee to the right strap... which will rest on the right shoulder.

Lance: I do wear my watch on the left side. It goes underneath my wetsuit. Your Teric should have a function where you can check the time.
My watch almost never leave me.

Teric is Underneat the Wetsuit? how do you view it?

Tried installing the teric directly to the right port of the Mk17 Scubapro... The port isn't technically Right... it's kinda diagonally facing forward. Im afraid this would hit the tank or the bladder when inflated? will try to mount everything on a tank later.

this is for the meantime before i get to choose which hose i need to buy.. assuming this is diveable

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom