For Sale Dive Gear Express 25# travel wing with extra bladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tomek77pl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
For sale is a used Dive Gear Express 25 pound travel wing. Was used for about 20 dives. Comes with an extra bladder. Asking $150 plus shipping

SOLD

Attachments

• IMG_0935.jpg
    IMG_0935.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0936.jpg
    IMG_0936.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0937.jpg
    IMG_0937.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0938.jpg
    IMG_0938.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 118
@Eric Sedletzky any idea if this will work with the freedom plate from when mine is ready?

@tomek77pl how old is all this and did you buy new?
I'm not eric :) but I guess that as long as you use a regular or large the grommet holes should line up. The short plate uses narrower holes, so you wouldn't be able to attach the wing to the plate, if that matters to you. Also, this wing doesn't have built-in roll stabilizers I believe, so you might want to use it with rails or include something to help stabilize the tank.

I have been using a dive rite voyager wing for the past few seasons, which has identical center cross-hair webbing as the dive rite travel wing. After over 100 dives with it I have never had a problem with my tank not being stable on my backplate. I use 2 cam straps and I have the wing attached to the plate with plastic book screws/sex bolts. My tanks are held securely, have never rolled, and have never slipped.

My oldest daughter uses a dive rite voyager wing as well, she has never had a problem either.
My youngest daughter has a HOG 32lb wing, this wing has the built-in roll stabilizers, but from our experience they are superfluous, at least if one is using 2 cam straps.

That all being said, this may be more of an issue with the Freedom plate due to the way the plate contours.

-Z

This is a great deal for a wing, especially for a dive rite wing. The spare bladder looks to be their newer style nylon material bladder, which if I am not mistaken they are offering a lifetime guarantee on the bladder, here is a video of the owner of Dive Rite discussing this:

If the bladder inside the wing is also the newer nylon instead of the older urethane material, then this is an even better deal.

I would jump on this like a fat kid on a cupcake if I was in the market for a single tank wing.

-Z

PM sent - I'll bite. Been wanting to switch to BPW and this seem like a good reason to jump

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom