One dead, one missing (since found), 300 foot dive - Lake Michigan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sincere condolences to the family

There is always the question what it the uninformed over ambitious junior politico who wants to make a name for himself (herself ) for higher office gets a hold of this tragedy ?

Are the divers of the local area sufficiency organized to create a strong defense ?

Currently a eastern dive community is in a struggle about a city license for all diving activity

~~~~~~ the generation of fame and funds ~~~~~~~

SDM

@Marie13 CE you are indeed a Chicago street brawler - I'll keep myself on your good side- I HOPE

I dove with Jim and Susan for the first time a few weeks ago. They were lovely, kind people who shared their knowledge and fascinating stories and I had looked forward to being boat buddies again.

I feel absolutely gutted by their loss and can only imagine how much more painful this is for their friends of many years.

Sincere condolences to the family

There is always the question what it the uninformed over ambitious junior politico who wants to make a name for himself (herself ) for higher office gets a hold of this tragedy ?

Are the divers of the local area sufficiency organized to create a strong defense ?

Currently a eastern dive community is in a struggle about a city license for all diving activity

the generation of fame and funds

SDM

@Marie13 CE you are indeed a Chicago street brawler - I'll keep myself on your good side- I HOPE

@Sam Miller III The wrecks are under the auspices of the state of Wisconsin. They have a very good website of the Wisconsin wrecks. http://wisconsinshipwrecks.org

Tragedy for sure - my sincerest condolences, I can’t imagine the pain for their family.

@dewdropsonrosa
(great avatar name- your name must be Rosa ?)

A slow walking, slow talking, and slow thinking prune picker from California has a few questions :

Do you or anyone ? Know the accumulative dive experience of the couple ?
They live in snow country did they have any other winter activities ? Or were they aquatic orientated and often swam and worked out in a pool like @Marie13 during those cold stormy mid western winter days and nights ?

It is recognized they were on rebreathers.. but how long have they been diving them ? and all the other detail's how many times ? how often ? where ? When and as the reporter would also inquire when?

A good argument for maintaining a up to date dive log.

@Marie13 that you for the geographical information -- I appreciate it !

Sam Miller, III

'...

What possible scenarios could cause two divers to perish on the same dive like this?

First of all, this is speculation and I hope I can never say this knowing it for sure.

You get teached to put you’re own safety first, so if a buddy launches from 300ft to the surface you will do what you can to safe him. You might end up doing a very long deco hoping he is ok.
If it’s your wife you might stop thinking rational and both end up dead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom