Best used regulators? First stage? Second Stage? What exactly is Conshelf?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DIN conversion kit that fits Conshelf XIV and some others still available new, retail though is $250.

Can you post a source for this?

There is another thread posted by a guy looking for 2 of these.

Oh, you mean the 109/BA!

@couv @buddhasummer

I found these videos on the rebuilding and repair of the 109 and another by the same person on poppets. I started a new forked thread on the rebuilding and repair of the 109 and conversion to balanced. These videos are excellent to understand the design of regulators, poppets and just how easy it is to rebuild one of these regulators. Anyone who has ever done any basic repair should be able to do this. I was amazed at how simple it "appears". I put "appears" in scare quotes because I invite opinions/information that would say that regulator rebuilding and repair(on this model and in general) is more complicated than it "appears".

I put the new thread below.

Video Breakdown and Repair of ScubaPro 109. Convert to Balanced? What would you do differently?

To discuss the videos below, please go to the thread I started above.

Scubapro 109 second stage service and repair

Scubapro Poppet Changes

Can you post a source for this?

There is another thread posted by a guy looking for 2 of these.
I am a dealer and can order them - I checked a couple of months ago. So far everyone who thinks they are a great idea, changes their mind once they hear the price, even when offered with a reasonable discount.

That other guy has access to new ones at dealer cost through a shop association, but is hoping to find a better deal than that.

I'm selling brand new G250Vs. It was a shameless plug on the off chance you might be interested. They are not metal, I thought you wanted metal. Performance is all but identical, servicing is all but identical, I'm a diaphragm guy, anything Apeks.

@buddhasummer thanks for explaining. Send me a PM with pics and price. While I might not buy, I could refer others in the future. More than likely, I will buy some old gear for as cheap and good condition as I can and repair/rebuild. After watching the videos on repair/rebuild of the Scubapro 109, I am surprised at how few get into this. While I only skydived once(civilian), I was in the military and believed that one should learn how to pack one's own chute(or any other analogy of being self-sustaining).

@buddhasummer thanks for explaining. Send me a PM with pics and price. While I might not buy, I could refer others in the future. More than likely, I will buy some old gear for as cheap and good condition as I can and repair/rebuild. After watching the videos on repair/rebuild of the Scubapro 109, I am surprised at how few get into this. While I only skydived once(civilian), I was in the military and believed that one should learn how to pack one's own chute(or any other analogy of being self-sustaining).

They are brand new.

New G250V

After watching the videos on repair/rebuild of the Scubapro 109, I am surprised at how few get into this. While I only skydived once(civilian), I was in the military and believed that one should learn how to pack one's own chute(or any other analogy of being self-sustaining).

Self service of the 109/BA is really simple. I'm not one of the gurus, but got into being able to care for my own regs. 109/BA are great. I have both. The BA breaths great. The 109 is dirt simple to service. The BA is close, it adds a balance chamber and two tiny o-rings.

On first stages, servicing them is a level harder. I like turrets and 5th ports for hose routing (long hose and sidemount), which leans toward the Scubapro. I have a Mk5. But I also like sealed for one fewer thing to worry about. An option you might consider is a Deep6 first. It is diaphragm, turret, with 5th port. I have 2 Deep6 firsts. They are great. You can be certified to service it, or mail it in for service. It's service is fairly simple. It's new, so not often used, but ticks many boxes. $200-$250 for their signature, or $125 for their simpler non turret scribble. Sealed, serviceable and with a turret are good things.

(My other regs. 2nds: 108/109/BA/S600/Deep6. 1sts: Mk2/Mk25/Deep6)

If you want old metal, I have some conshelf metal 2nds, a conshelf SE2,and a couple duro poppet sp109's that I've rebuilt that I'd let go at cost (what I have in them plus actual shipping).
I also have a 4 port mk5 that needs rebuilt I could clean up (same deal).
I started buying and rebuilding off ebay and it's an addiction! I need to clear the bench to make room for more!

If you want old metal, I have some conshelf metal 2nds, a conshelf SE2,and a couple duro poppet sp109's that I've rebuilt that I'd let go at cost (what I have in them plus actual shipping).
I also have a 4 port mk5 that needs rebuilt I could clean up (same deal).
I started buying and rebuilding off ebay and it's an addiction! I need to clear the bench to make room for more!

@James79 Please PM me with pics and prices. If you are really willing to do that and I take you up on the offer, please know that I will try to reciprocate adding value in return in how I can when the opportunity avails itself. In my posts, I have tried to do my own research and add it here for those newbies that follow as I appreciate reading through the previous posts that were made long ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom