Spare metal buckles for spring straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sbiriguda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am searching for spare metal buckles for spring straps. Only the buckles, I don't need any other part. Like in the picture below
Scuba_Fin_Strap_FS-200_3.jpg

The buckles are for Mares Avanti 4 fins but I think the fins stud is standard
Thanks

Thank you so much buddhasummer!

If anyone else knows how to find them online I am still interested, in case I will need them in future. Sounds strange, but it looks like they are not sold separately as spare parts

I am searching for spare metal buckles for spring straps. Only the buckles, I don't need any other part. Like in the picture below
View attachment 526682

This is slightly off-topic, but I think it's important.

If you look at the pieces of plastic tubing and the metal buckle, you will see that they form two inside corners that can and will snag line. If you are unfortunate enough to guess wrong about which way it's caught, you can be entangled in the line. (Don't ask me how I know.) Some judicious work on a bench grinder, increasing the outer diameter of the plastic tube, heat shrink tubing, or even some tape, can make line slide off the buckle so you don't get snagged.

This is so simple an engineering problem that I can't believe the manufacturers haven't solved it. But what do I know?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom