Lake George NY Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compressor

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello:
Any one dive Lake George recently. I am wondering about the temps and visibility since we've had a wet summer so far. In Central NY, the viz is about 5-10 feet and the water 5-10 degrees colder than normal.

Thanks.

I was at Hearthstone last week. Temp at 60 ft was 51 degrees. Visibility was okay - maybe 20 ft - but it did seem more silty than usual in some areas.
I'll probably be up there this week, at some point, and will be able to comment on current temps.

I was at Hearthstone last week. Temp at 60 ft was 51 degrees. Visibility was okay - maybe 20 ft - but it did seem more silty than usual in some areas.
I'll probably be up there this week, at some point, and will be able to comment on current temps.
Thank you. Appreciate more feedback when you or others go next.

Was just at Blue Mountain Lake - shallower than George. Temp at 17 feet was 64°F and the vis was awful. Hearthstone vis might be better - I heard that they couldn't fill the lifeguard positions so the beach is closed. Don't know if that's true but it would be great for diving if it is.

Thanks Kharon.

I was at Hearthstone yesterday and Roger’s Rock today. Heading further East and deeper than the training areas, plane, etc. the visibility wasn’t half bad, probably 10 feet. We maxed out at 76 feet yesterday and temp was upper 50s. The visibility was slightly better at Rogers Rock today overall. Temperature at 60 feet was about mid to upper 50s. Last week at 100 feet the temperature was 45-47 degrees so hopefully we’ve gotten over the hump.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom