I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How big is the tater field? I would slice some and sauté them with Vidalia onions...yum!

Thanks for posting. I like seeing the progress you are making on the estate.

How often are you sharpening your mower blades. I sharpen mine about once a month. I am OCD about it though, and I don't have the north 40 and south 40 to mow like you do.

Has the bear been back? As I recall, you had a bear check-out your cat...or something.

cheers,
m

How big is the tater field? I would slice some and sauté them with Vidalia onions...yum!
They were delicious. I made some into hash browns and some were baked.

How often are you sharpening your mower blades. I sharpen mine about once a month. I am OCD about it though, and I don't have the north 40 and south 40 to mow like you do.
I put on sharp blades after every mowing (10+ acres) or if I have to take any of the blades off due to jamming. It's hard to see some of the old fence and it's just easier to change the blades and keep mowing. I only have one set of blades left, so I need to get busy on that sharpener.

Has the bear been back? As I recall, you had a bear check-out your cat...or something.
I haven't seen the bear again, but the Fox Squirrels are back and so are the Black Eyed Susans...

RGf9G2rE8Gc-ilIN_K8DSeBa5lg6ZnyQri-tZach4txQ81nK7Gveg8TGSl4Ga-MozNCatjoeFYcwPH8rA=w1313-h1750-no.jpg

Finished up the dust collection system for the router this morning. Here's a pic of the finished product. BTW, I made a cord cleat out of some scrap 1x2 and used a couple of plastic cable clamps to tidy up the electrical scene as well. The two wires to the right go to an ON/OFF switch. I left enough cable in the bucket to be able to pull the router out and adjust the speed if I need to. 4 1/4-20 bolts hold it in place. I'm letting the Goop set for a few hours before I try this out... and I need to get mowing anyway.

lLvIeWsjdA2p6pJB9_iJXmDDpyam7UBHRe97s0Y9ORsSEHXww54SPlGjmSFtSOmVtemJP5b4RXBus0x8X=w2335-h1750-no.jpg

You're not going to have ANY dust in your shop. Nobody will ever believe you actually do any work in there... LOL
They just have to look at the bag outside for the "proof". :D :D :D

I want to add two more stations to the vacuum system. I want a hose to come down between the table saw'/router as well as a hose near the back of the shop. I have a drill press and large belt sander in the back that need an outlet. I also got in 20 ft of 2.5" hose that will be able to get just about everywhere with those additions.

In other news... I broke my leg. I'll be taking a bit of a break from most shop related activities for another month or so as I heal!

eC_oukgWOL0S6MfREf096yd4SetPz4Df_jjzdol1vjeFiX7qcrk-pLoX2lSBubBOeH-UdJVE3I61jTjRhU=w745-h1750-no.jpg

jp8Lmb0tuSDygJJrJoq9oJddKRLXot1REAGJPOHpaiooR0DJD_TZHzqMbUcbqm_9hNb2CLPdKA2ybkRr4=w2335-h1750-no.jpg

Happiness is a warm kitten snuggled up to your broken leg!

IZ_LgNfes_9C2YJdZkRo8XnEHwy8HLsG9qHKKEXP6G8tbcHIfCxs-YiPAZHE6oMWIh50mXfOObbwN7e6S=w2335-h1750-no.jpg

Morning has broken!
(...and I don't know how to fix it!)
Still, I had to get the lawn mowed. I was right at a month and a half since the last mow. Just before my trip to Fiji, the inner baffles of the mowing deck broke loose and was hitting the blades. I dropped the deck, had my neighbor Daryl flip it over and then I ground the few welds to remove the baffles. Unfortunately, I didn't wait for Daryl to flip it over and tried on my own. It didn't work and I was in pain afterwards. I patiently waited for Daryl. Having great neighbors like him is a real blessing. @Moose came over and helped me finish the job on Friday. I mowed for about three hours (almost 3 acres) and @Moose finished the other 8. It looks so much better when it's mowed. I also had @Moose spread some insecticide to get rid of a huge black ant infestation.

How in the heck did you do that?

Thank God for orthopedists and highly stable alloys!

That's not a broken leg, that is a major wreck.

I am not jealous of you...OUCH!

Heal quickly and I hope your recuperation time is not too boring.

Looking forward to diving with you at LCBR and AKR next year.

m

It was seven weeks this past Friday... I've mowed the entire lawn by myself last week. Every ten to fourteen days and I have to hit it. There's a pause in the right transaxle, so I'll have to pull it apart to check. Apparently, there's a OP valve that tends to work loose and pop out. I'm going to use loctite when I go in.

@Moose and my nephew got into working on the barn this week. Dan had a hard time keeping up. Wow. It was impressive. Here's a pic of the progress:

7JAju1-20190722_103831.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom