Scubapro Heart Rate Monitor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@josb, thanks for the feedback. As I indicated, I don't actually own the Scubapro HRM but over the years I have collected a variety of HRM's for my training. The diagram in the manual isn't that clear so I attached a photo with two different designs. If the battery sits within the cap, then something like a paper washer or small o-ring to sit between the cap and battery may elevate it enough to apply more pressure to the contacts. But if the cap just presses down on the battery then I suspect it may be the positive contact that is on the side of the well which needs to be bent a little to make a better contact. Then again it may be the PCB in the unit itself where pressure distorts the board and breaks the circuit. If this is the problem then the unit needs to be replaced. But @Hatul indicated that he was able to resolve the problem by replacing the battery so I still think its a simple battery contact issue under pressure. Of course if the HRM is still under warranty, then send it back to Scubapro and have them fix the problem.
HRM.PNG

Any update on this? I recently purchased a G2 and I am seeing this behaviour with the heart rate monitor. I get a signal at the start of the dive but it cuts out as soon as I get to any depth. The signal returns once I start to ascend.

I received a new heart rate band from Scubapro but ...... unfortunately this one I didn't even get alive in the pool, nor heart rat on my G2Console.
My computer + heart rate band is now back to Scubapro, I start loosing my faith/trust in this expensive product
Keep you posted

after buying two heart rate belts and replacing several times the battery I am in the position to say that this product is a failure. The previous belt had no such problems. Also, the scubapro technicians just repeat the same , ''tighten the strap ''. Ok guys !

after buying two heart rate belts and replacing several times the battery I am in the position to say that this product is a failure. The previous belt had no such problems. Also, the scubapro technicians just repeat the same , ''tighten the strap ''. Ok guys !
At least he did not blame your heart. He could have said your heart stops beating.

I'm now having the same problem, the HR monitor just stopped picking up. I changed battery and no change. By the way the O ring is on the side of the battery door (the cap) so it's the design #1 of the post above. I plan to take it in to the shop where I purchased it and see what they say.

As I wrote before I had the same problems, the HR band didn't want to connect with my G2C but today I found out that with a new battery placed and the G2C really touching my HR band it suddenly connected and holding the G2C at the normal diving distance it stayed connected.
So to me it seems that to connect both they really need to be at 0 cm distance from each other, the manual never talks about the way to connect both.
Just give ti a go who knows is this the solution for you as well :)

@Hatul, it would be really interesting to see if the dive shop has a solution for you. Please report back. @josb have you been able to take the unit diving since you now have it connected to the G2? the initial problem was the heart rate monitor would lose connection at depth, only to startup again in the shallows.

....@josb have you been able to take the unit diving since you now have it connected to the G2? the initial problem was the heart rate monitor would lose connection at depth, only to startup again in the shallows.

Not yet, this will happen next Wednesday here in Holland in one of the local sweet water pits, keep you posted.

Josb may have solved the puzzle. In my case I could not even get a reading on the surface. Wearing the HR band you should get a reading on the G2 but mine just showed dashes. But when I brought them together for several seconds it started showing my HR and skin temp. So maybe that's the solution-- you have to make sure it pairs before diving by bringing them together each time until you see a reading.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom