Short Grand Cayman trip... how much worse is the diving near 7mb?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting, saxman - why did you prefer it?
Much better visibility, seemed to be a bit more life. Doesn't hurt that the dive crew was also significantly better. (Dove with LTD on the west side and Red Sail/Tortuga on the east end)

All sides of GC have good diving and it is hard to generalize. Folks have preferences for different reasons and often based on memorable encounters or favorite dive ops. I personally prefer the north wall but am always happy to dive west or east. I've only dived south when the rest of the island is blown out so that all the dive ops seem to be competing for the same moorings.

For sheer beauty of the site, it's hard to beat NW Point or Orange Canyon, both of which are on the west. If you are staying on the west, do not miss the opportunity to shore dive and night dive at Turtle Reef or Lighthouse. Both are very fishy.

We love Grand Cayman diving! I thought it was better than the diving around the Brac. We were thinking about Hawaii for our 2020 trip and my husband and I both agreed we miss GC too much so it looks like we are heading back there now instead. I love the West Bay diving in particular. Going north or east is nice, but a bit more of a haul. The shore diving from Macabuca (Turtle Reef) is an easy and leisurely way to add more dives and then have a great meal!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom