Garbage Beach Woods Hole Falmouth Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubblesong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I’ve heard this spot is good for artifact and bad for lions mane jellies. How much is shallow, suitable for easy pickings at low tide?
@large_diver are you still diving here?

Be careful around Lions Mane jellies! I got tangled up with one here in Maine. Luckily, a couple of somersaults and I was able to extricate myself without hurting him or me in the process.

SatCoveJelly.png
RedJelly2 copy.png

So I’ve heard this spot is good for artifact and bad for lions mane jellies. How much is shallow, suitable for easy pickings at low tide?
@large_diver are you still diving here?

Have not been there in probably 8 years or so, as it is a long drive for me vs. Cape Ann. Defintiely agree with the Lion's Mane jellies. I've only been diving there in the very early season (April)...I assume at this time of year there is more concern about boat traffic as well as fishermen There is pretty strong tidal flow there as well....not impossible, just need to stay aware if you start to feel current.

I went to a test snorkel July 3 at noon. Waited for a great parking spot, across street. Three hour parking with credit card or cash $1/hour made the payout easier. I then jumped in with bathing suit, no wetsuit. Warm water on top layer. Saw a giant horseshoe crab, a few other critters.

Back
Top Bottom