Which dive club should I choose in Sharm El Sheikh?,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

juribep

New
Reaction score
Dear fellow divers, I would like to know which dive club would you recommend in Sharm El Sheik. I have been reading in the forum and there are just a few names that pop up. I did my research and ended with the three following names:
  • Blue camel
  • Sinai divers club
  • Reef Oasis
I asked for some quotes for 5 days dives (10) + nitrox course + night dive + SS Thistlegorm. The price are around 660 including equipment, manual and certification. Are the prices ok? It Is for July.

Any advice about which company should I pick? I have seen some reviews, in TripAdvisor but they come from people who is doing the first dive ever, so I don’t really know what to expect. I’m an advance open water diver with PADI (30-40 dives).

Thanks four your help!!!

Though I haven't been personally, a good friend, dive buddy of mine has been a number of times. She's fussy so I'm thinking Camel Divers is the right place at the right price bracket.

Perhaps we should not talk about it so that doesn't change? :wink:

Ocean College is a solid operation in Sharm too. Try their Facebook page if the website is down.

Lance

I have been many times in Sharm (about 30 dive trips to Egypt).
My recommend you dive with a dive club that is not too far from the hotel you live in.
I think its a waste of time if you stay far from your dive club with the transport to the divecentre and to the port.
I always stay in hotels inside Naama Bay. I usually dive with "Werner Lau Diving Centre".
They share grounds with two other dive clubs, "Sinai Divers" and "Emperor Divers". They are all good.
They are situated 100 meters from the port so you can walk over to the boat from the dive club.
In the afternoons when the boat comes back to the port we just walk back to our hotel.
Saves us a lot of time waiting for transport.

If you are not already booked or there now- seriously recommend Roots Dive camp Red Sea with Pharaoh dive squad. Lovely reefs and top staff. Did my OW there last month and could not fault it. Wreck to dive and both shore n zodiac to go out from. K

+1 for Naama Bay and Emperor, a hugely professional and friendly shop, and generally good value. They had their own place when I last dived with them in Sharm, prior to their forced consolidation, so I have no experience of their current ground-sharing scheme. (Can't be all bad, though, as the place they were based at before was the very definition of a "dive" hotel, and I don't mean that as a compliment.)

Traditionally Emperor were known as "the British shop", and although that may well have changed you may still find that some of the other shops mentioned above lean more toward German, not that this usually matters too much to us international jet-setters. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom