Marigold latex gloves over Si Tech Quick Cuff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How do you secure these gloves to your dry suit? Is this just a friction fit over the rings? I've been using something similar to these gloves but they included a very large o-ring that helps to seal the glove. The o-rings are a challenge to put on with the gloves on and I've had one of the o-rings roll off the cuff and the gloves did leak. I have been considering other glove systems that would be easier to put on and remove but now I'm wondering if I'm missing a better and easier method to use these gloves.

The Marigolds provide a tight seal without any additional o-rings. I have fabricated a couple of rings that the gloves are stretched over to allow for easy self donning. These rings are only used for putting on the gloves and are left behind on the boat or wherever.

These are the gloves you are using? Granger Gloves. @grf88 would you be willing to share a picture of your rings?
Those are the gloves G17K. The rings are just 2 inch long slices from a PVC pipe coupling. They need to be heated and stretched over a suitable mandrel to fit over the drysuit rings with enough clearance. I found a clay pot to use as a mandrel but a lots of other items can be probably found to serve that purpose. If you can find a suitable piece of pipe that will fit without stretching all the better. I guess you could also 3D print something along similar lines.
The gloves don't look to be that rugged but in fact they are quite tough.

Sorry, to clarify, you just stretch the gloves over the SiTech quick cuff circle rings?

I don't understand what you needed to make a separate set of rings for.

The rings assist in donning the gloves as they can be difficult to put them on without assistance, especially the second glove. After putting on the gloves the rings are slid off and left behind on the boat or where you are diving from.

Does anyone know of a glove similar to the Marigold GK17K that do not flare at the wrist so I can get a tighter seal?

I have 8.5 Marigolds with small oval SiTech rings and had a small amount of leak over an hour of diving. My Fourth Element wrist warmers were quite damp, and my full smartwool gloves which were over the FE, only the tips of finger damp. All in all, I felt warm and didn't know I was wet until I pulled them off. Def saltwater and not sweat and I have the driest hands in the world at all times.

I think that due to the smaller size of my rings, the gloves are not creating as tight of a seal as they should be. And I feel I'm in the correct size glove.

Does anyone know of a glove similar to the Marigold GK17K that do not flare at the wrist so I can get a tighter seal?

I have 8.5 Marigolds with small oval SiTech rings and had a small amount of leak over an hour of diving. My Fourth Element wrist warmers were quite damp, and my full smartwool gloves which were over the FE, only the tips of finger damp. All in all, I felt warm and didn't know I was wet until I pulled them off. Def saltwater and not sweat and I have the driest hands in the world at all times.

I think that due to the smaller size of my rings, the gloves are not creating as tight of a seal as they should be. And I feel I'm in the correct size glove.
If the marigolds are leaking "just a little" and at the finger tips....

You probably have a hole. Replace the gloves and try again.

What a lot of divers do here on the central island is tape the gloves to the rings. A couple of wraps of black electrical tape seems to do the trick. Give it a try and see if it works for you. :wink:

Divegoose

Back
Top Bottom