Confused on my first custom wetsuit purchase from "WETWEAR"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sharkskin will go over top and warm thi gs up too. I've worn mine with success both in and out. It's too big for me but oh well, as long as it does it's job and it dries nicer than Lavacore.

I don’t understand your logic.

Customers are spending $$$$$$$$$$$$$ for a custom fit wetsuit which uses non-compressible Rubatex. Why are you suggesting a compromise to “make things better”?

I don’t understand your logic.

Customers are spending $$$$$$$$$$$$$ for a custom fit wetsuit which uses non-compressible Rubatex. Why are you suggesting a compromise to “make things better”?

Because the woman has paid dearly for a suit that she isn't wearing because it's not warm enough. I'm trying to offer some options so that she can use it. That's all.

Depends upon what you get. Our last set of measurements took over an hour at the manufacturer. We will also spend more than an hour for the initial fitting once the suit is made. The suits will then be final fitted while we have lunch. How much do you think it costs to provide this level of custom fit service?
I will always be willing to pay more for great level of service. Being an electrical estimator and project manager I get people all the time that say my prices are high but they still go with me because they know I'll do whatever it takes to keep them happy. I also take the time to tell them how they can save more or when they are getting extras they don't need. So when I get great customer service I really value it.

As others mentioned, since it's such a precise fit there really isn't any room under it. I guess you might be able to stretch the material some but I'd be willing to bet it would be uncomfortable.

She had been using an old scubapro 5mm with lavacore underneath prior to getting the wetwear and that's what she went back to after a few chilly dives.

It's really too bad. If they had not deliberately talked us into a thinner suit then we would have been happy customers. Given the extreme price of a wetwear suit, we certainly aren't buying a second one. Missed opportunity on their part.
I actually like the wetwear suit so much I was talking to Connie about buying a 7mil. I have zero problem with the price of my invoice, I have an issue with not being informed that they were adding $215 in things without a single word. I was getting very fast email replies until I had a question about the added charges. I talked to Connie about her website because it doesn't actually show examples of what they can do.

Somehow I fail to understand paying over 100-150 for a 3mm suit direct from any manufacturer. Double that if a divestore got involved. Maybe 25-50 more for real custom sizing.
I'm afraid that you got raped.

Their price for a custom wet suit is in line with other US custom wetsuit companies.

I have a Wetwear that I like a lot, but I did all my fitting and measuring at their location. I've lost a little weight in the mid-section so I am going to try layering it with a Lavacore or similar vest to see if I can use it in even colder water.

Did Wetwear become a victim of their own success?

I like my wetwear custom. Will never buy from them again. Like others here started out with good interaction with the vendor and went downhill quick. Finally got a suit way past the promise date. Quality was OK but service...meh.

Next time I'll take an off the shelf and get it moded with zippers and some tailoring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom