7mil wetsuit for a fat guy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chip Collins

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a 5mil Akona wetsuit that caters to the more "robust" people. I'd like to find a 7mil custom suit that will have leg and arm zippers but I don't know where to begin looking. I was reading all of the wetsuit threads but they seem to be about off the rack wetsuits.
For everyone's amusement I will tell you why my Akona wetsuit is now on Ebay. My right foot got stuck in the suit and I tried to kick out of it while holding onto the wetsuit. I ended up snapping every tendon in my right bicep, chipping bone in my elbow, and I had to have surgery. SO.... Leg zippers from here on out.

Perhaps one of our XXXL suits might fit you? If you take a look at our size chart, and have any questions, please let me know. If you decide to go with one of our 7 mm suits, you use a good bit of lubricant and there is no need for zippers.

https://www.makospearguns.com/Yamamoto-3D-Reef-Camo-2-Piece-Open-Cell-Wetsuit-p/m2y3drc.htm
Oh no i'm fat. My Akona is a 5xl which is a little roomy. I figured I would need to give my measurements to someone and pay a fortune for it.

Perhaps one of our XXXL suits might fit you? If you take a look at our size chart, and have any questions, please let me know. If you decide to go with one of our 7 mm suits, you use a good bit of lubricant and there is no need for zippers.

And I need to learn how to respond....

Check the stock sizing on the various Henderson products. As long as the suit doesn't have anything else going on at the wrist and ankle cuffs, like the Aqualock, they can add zippers at wrist and ankles to the stock suit for an added cost. (last I checked the cost, I priced them at $75/pair for the customer - mostly just passing along the incremental cost and not taking the usual mark up) They can also shorten legs and arms on stock suits by a few inches if needed.
Wetsuits Archives • Henderson Aquatics

I tried looking for your size on the chart. Based on your height and weight, you would be a 4XL but maybe need the limbs a little shorter. But is your chest size really 56.5"?? That is a little larger than their 6XL!! How well did that Wetwear custom suit fit? If you start shopping around for another custom suit option, Henderson can also custom cut a Thermoprene suit for you if you find a shop set up for digital fit. Probably not cheap, nor even close to cheap adjacent.

Check the stock sizing on the various Henderson products. As long as the suit doesn't have anything else going on at the wrist and ankle cuffs, like the Aqualock, they can add zippers at wrist and ankles to the stock suit for an added cost. (last I checked the cost, I priced them at $75/pair for the customer - mostly just passing along the incremental cost and not taking the usual mark up) They can also shorten legs and arms on stock suits by a few inches if needed.
Wetsuits Archives • Henderson Aquatics

I tried looking for your size on the chart. Based on your height and weight, you would be a 4XL but maybe need the limbs a little shorter. But is your chest size really 56.5"?? That is a little larger than their 6XL!! How well did that Wetwear custom suit fit? If you start shopping around for another custom suit option, Henderson can also custom cut a Thermoprene suit for you if you find a shop set up for digital fit. Probably not cheap, nor even close to cheap adjacent.
I'm 6'1" and yes those measurements are correct. My ideal weight is right around 250. Any less than that and I start looking like I'm sick and frail. Unfortunately I'm on a medication that made me gain 100 pounds in a single year.
I don't have a problem with cost as long as there are no surprises when I get the final invoice. I'll check out the Henderson website tomorrow at work so I'll be getting paid to research the suit.

Try looking at Pinnacle brand suits at Leisure Pro. They have a couple king sizes which are past 4X and figured for pretty Hefty guys. I got a 3X Cruiser full suit 7mil and it has ankle zippers.

Back
Top Bottom