Deepdive wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris91

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, I'm doing my AOW dive soon, wondering if 3mm wetsuit is warm enough for deep and night dive. I'll be doing my dive in Indonesia pulau seribu. Thanks

I dove a 3mm down to 40m (130’) no issues.

But again, your tolerance to cold is what you need to know...

It all depends on the water temperature and your cold tolerance. In your neck of the woods...a 3mm should be fine.

More than enough, unless you have a very low tolerance of cold. Water will be in the 27-29 Celsius range, even at night. I’m usually in shorties down to 40 meters and my son usually in a T-shirt and swimming trunks when in Indonesia. Don’t buy anything before finishing your AOW and drawing your own conclusions, though, but I think you’ll be alright.

Unfortunately i don't think many on this forum can watch Pacific Abyss BBC I player. However If you can you will see there is a fish scientist on there who goes to well over 100m deep for 5 hours plus in just shorts and a T shirt. I find my 3/2 surf suit fine for down to well over 30m even when the surface water temp is only 17 to 18 deg C.

20yrs ago I could do that in shortie but nowadays it is not enough without an extra layer or two even in tropical warm water(28C).

We are all individual and have different tolerance to anything eg. alcohol, cold etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom