Bag Drag from Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have used Canada transfers from Cancun to ferry pier on multiple occasions over the last few years. Has always been a good experience. Drivers always polite & courteous. Beverage of your choice can be pre booked if you desire.

I've always used ADO... you get on the bus right outside the airport (literally walk out the exit, turn right, the buses are right there) and the bus station in Playa is two blocks from the ferry terminal. So the bus ride is almost door to door (airport to ferry.)

However... if the private transport is $52 for four people, that is about the same price as the bus. So it sounds like that definitely would be the way to go. You can always have the bus as "Plan B", since it can be booked at a moment's notice (i.e. buy a ticket, hop on the bus.)

The Ado bus is clean, comfortable, air conditioned, includes a movie in Spanish - but do watch your luggage as it's just loaded & unloaded, not checked. Don't let it wander off without you.
However... if the private transport is $52 for four people, that is about the same price as the bus. So it sounds like that definitely would be the way to go.
Yep, with four riders & bags, get your own van. Chief's van guy is cheaper and furnishes good vans & drivers who will stop for beverages for the road. Ask him what he pays for a van load.

I've never tipped a bus driver, but I do trip van drivers who are on time for pickup, as well as the tricycle porters who can haul a lot of bags to & from the ferry.

Never buy a round-trip ferry ticket. It's one more thing to keep up with, won't save much, and your ferry might be later than the next one leaving - always my choice.

The path from CUN to Cozumel is easy. See here:

http://tinyurl.com/7m3r6

However, with four people I suggest taking a private service like canadatransfers.com

Re: luggage on ADO bus. If the driver or his helper assists me with my bags I do tip. Those $1 bills are so handy. On the way back to the Cancun airport, the driver was asking each of us which terminal/airline and arranging baggage that way.

On my last trip in May the ADO guys were acting a little shady. I bought my ticket at the podium at terminal 3. When I walked up and told the guy what I wanted he gave the bus driver a glance, didn't really think much of it, he then handed me a ticket he had pulled out of the drawer. After standing a while waiting for my bus I noticed the ticket was to Cancun. I went back and questioned it and he printed me the correct ticket. On my way back from Playa I took a bus to down town Cancun. When I went in to buy my ticket there was a guy in uniform in front of the ticket booths asking were I was going, he directed me to the bus driver, I paid him the fare and he gave me change out of his wallet. I was never given a ticket. I figure they were just skimming a little but thought it strange on back to back rides, I had never seen this before. Still got to where I was going just fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom