Hello from Pittsburgh, PA!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pittsburgh_Mom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, everyone! I am really excited to be here. I have been snorkeling a ton, done SNUBA, and dove once in Jamaica two summers ago. I am officially starting the NAUI certification journey with a local dive trainer. I'm about 30% through the online coursework, and should have my open water cert by the end of August. I'm planning a trip to Curacau in early October and can't wait. I'm trying to learn as much as I can online now and with pool practice. Looking forward to interacting with you all! :)

11875090-10101662506595482-9110237395014666424-o.jpg

39753020-10103593079886132-6182359131987378176-o.jpg

Welcome from another Pittsburgh diver

Here is a nice local quarry Crustys Quarry

Once you get a few dives in, the Pittsburgh zoo also uses volunteer divers for in the aquarium if you are interested.

Wow, thank you. That place looks REALLY cool! I didn't know there were places like that. I have a lot to learn!

Welcome to the group! Just a couple hours North of you in Erie.

Welcome!
I am just a bit east of you. We have a large dive club here with members from your area. We have our own quarry and plan group trips often.

Welcome!
I am just a bit east of you. We have a large dive club here with members from your area. We have our own quarry and plan group trips often.

Thank you! I will have to share that with my husband. I'm looking forward to finding places that aren't all many hours by plane away! :)

Welcome to the group! Just a couple hours North of you in Erie.

Thank you! I saw that in the intro thread! (Still learning how these boards all work.) Do you think you'll do any wreck diving someday? Or just dive in the Great Lakes generally? I have a whole book on shipwrecks in Erie and have always thought how cool it would be to progress through my certs to get certified for wreck dives.

I have a whole book on shipwrecks in Erie and have always thought how cool it would be to progress through my certs to get certified for wreck dives.

Provided that the wrecks you visit are at depths and in conditions appropriate for your training and experience, you don't really need additional training to enjoy wreck dives without penetration.

The wrecks in the Great Lakes - thanks to our cold fresh water - are beautifully preserved. Go see them!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom