My broken leg...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When do you get in the the water.
Later today. Trying to get a willing victim, er partner to do a cave dive at Peacock this weekend. :D Must be willing to Sherpa my gear back and forth. :D :D :D

Later today. Trying to get a willing victim, er partner to do a cave dive at Peacock this weekend. :D Must be willing to Sherpa my gear back and forth. :D :D :D

Even without a leg fracture I wouldn't mind a Sherpa to carry my gear back and forth. Heck I think I need one if I ever want to dive Buford.

It's great that you are finally able to get back into diving. Since your damaged leg is super delicate and has no strength, it would probably be better not to wear a fin on that leg. Means you should lead the dive otherwise your buddy will always be far in front of you wondering why you can't keep up. Also leading the dive makes you just a little bit faster.
Take your time, have a great time and occasionally relax for a few minutes. carrying anything other than your backup lights up and down the stairs at Peacock is a big No-No!

Michael

Actually, I don't have to ever kick hard, so I'll be wearing fins on both feet. it's great resistance that will encourage bone growth. I did this with my Achilles tendon surgeries and it worked great. I'm already walking on it, so there's no way I could stress it more than that.

Damn, you heal fast.
So it seems. I've been healing faster than most ever since my youth. Being overly curious and not afraid to try new things has consequences. :D :D :D Now that I've cooled off, I have to go pick up a rebreather for a friend and get back to mowing.

Heck I think I need one if I ever want to dive Buford.
They've put in a board walk!!! No lie.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom