Iberostar pier/dock fees

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only reason I considered IB, though we usually do a VRBO north, is sometimes I find a killer deal for ~$2000 for 7 days, airfare, hotel, and transfer from airport for 2 people. Considering airfare alone run me $1500 when I do a vrbo.

Can afford a couple of taxi to town.

I only do IB if we can find a killer deal or staying 7 days. Now we close to retiring, we will be doing more extended says.

2 weeks in Cozumel in Nov, 3 weeks in Bonaire in Feb, have enough FF miles to get 2 business class seats to Australia with a side of Fiji.

3 more months of 7 to 4, but who is counting?

The only reason I considered IB, though we usually do a VRBO north, is sometimes I find a killer deal for ~$2000 for 7 days, airfare, hotel, and transfer from airport for 2 people. Considering airfare alone run me $1500 when I do a vrbo.

Can afford a couple of taxi to town.

I only do IB if we can find a killer deal or staying 7 days. Now we close to retiring, we will be doing more extended says.

2 weeks in Cozumel in Nov, 3 weeks in Bonaire in Feb, have enough FF miles to get 2 business class seats to Australia with a side of Fiji.

3 more months of 7 to 4, but who is counting?
Totally Awesome! Good for you and Cheers to you!

Thanks for all the helpful responses! Update: Steve B. of Tres Pelicanos has messaged me about the monthly fee that the dive ops are charged and says we can board from the water. Responses here from people who have done it are reassuring. I do expect we will choose to stay someplace different if we decide to try Cozumel again. Probably shouldn’t have been so quick to book a room with cancelation penalties. Now if I can just figure out the “bag drag” from Cancun. I am reading previous posts on that now. Thanks again for all the good information. We will let y’all know how it works out.

Agree with Dan G you should email 3P directly. I asked 3P the same question about Iberostar pier pickup a few months ago and was told the only way 3P does pickups at the Iberostar is a water entry. They were willing to do the pickup in the water at Iberostar but not by docking at the Iberostar pier. I emailed with a few dive ops at the time and got similar answers. Things change so you should ask.

Sounds like the situation is still the same. We will give it a try.

Is there a compelling reason that you are choosing to stay at Iberostar? I only ask for 2 reasons. First, you will miss out on all of the wonderful restaurants and culture that downtown San Miguel has to offer. Second, you are going to miss out on a lot of great dive sites. If 3P or any other dive op picks you up and drops you off from Iberostar (most southern resort on the island) then they are going to be reluctant to go too far north of the Palancar Reef system because it will require them to backtrack a significant distance to get you back to Iberostar.
I stayed at Occidental Grand last year, I normally stay at Park Royal. I have a friend who works at OG so our group did it to catch up with him and try a new place. Little did I realize that after 8 or 9 pm you are a captive of the hotel because no cabs are out there that time of night and while I love palancar I don't want to do it every day. They had a strict dive schedule so we had do so some creative scheduling to not have to dive the same reef twice. I prefer diving with the groups closer to town ie the dive shop or dive paradise where the group on the boat gets to choose the dive. I'm going back October 31 to november 9 and Park Royal is back on the menu.

Thanks for all the helpful responses! Update: Steve B. of Tres Pelicanos has messaged me about the monthly fee that the dive ops are charged and says we can board from the water. Responses here from people who have done it are reassuring. I do expect we will choose to stay someplace different if we decide to try Cozumel again. Probably shouldn’t have been so quick to book a room with cancelation penalties. Now if I can just figure out the “bag drag” from Cancun. I am reading previous posts on that now. Thanks again for all the good information. We will let y’all know how it works out.

We have stayed at IB and used TP, boarding in the water. It works fine but just know a few things. The area is rocky so wear beach shoes or sandals. The rocks can be slippery so watch your step and go slow. You'll be about waist deep to breast deep when you board so you'll need to hold up over your head anything you want to keep dry. Better yet, have it in a drybag rolled up tight but with airspace in it in case you slip and fall. The bag will float and most likely keep water out until you regain your footing. You may need to haul your gear bag out the first day and back the last day, however there is a better way if you can do it. Have your shuttle go to TP office when you land, drop off your gear and do your paperwork, then take a taxi to IB. You'll probably save money on the transfers to boot. On last day, leave a bit early, take a taxi to TP, and your gear will be all rinsed and dry. Pack it up and take a taxi to airport. If you do this just make sure TP knows about when you'll be coming by as sometimes they close up the shop for a few hours in the afternoons.

Why AI....absolutely no thinking needed once there:) and that’s how I like my vacations. Yes, we taxi into town from the GO for dinner a few nights to hit local fare...The GO is so cheap for what you get it doesn’t hurt to venture into town a few nights...and lastly, I like the beaches down south especially the GO....all the free tequila makes Flyboy a happy guest.

We have stayed at IB and used TP, boarding in the water. It works fine but just know a few things. The area is rocky so wear beach shoes or sandals. The rocks can be slippery so watch your step and go slow. You'll be about waist deep to breast deep when you board so you'll need to hold up over your head anything you want to keep dry. Better yet, have it in a drybag rolled up tight but with airspace in it in case you slip and fall. The bag will float and most likely keep water out until you regain your footing.

It really is not harder than Bonaire and you dont have tanks on. Not sure why people think it is so challenging. There is a few feet off ironshore just like Bonaire and then you are walking on sand.

It really is not harder than Bonaire and you dont have tanks on. Not sure why people think it is so challenging. There is a few feet off ironshore just like Bonaire and then you are walking on sand.

I don't think I said it is hard or challenging, just giving some info so they don't go running out barefoot with cellphones in hand. It's easy once you know the drill.

Entry and exits on Bonaire is like a one legged potato sack race! I’m down more than up!

Back
Top Bottom