Buford Sink

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When clear, this is one of the prettiest dives in the world. However, I don't recommend this for anyone not cavern certified. It's deep and deceptive. Know your limits and honor them.

Wow! I can't believe they put that boardwalk in there. The first time I dived it I got lost in the swamp wearing doubles! Good to know that won't be happening again

I haven't been there in a few years but I will have to make a trip now when the rain slows down.

When do you guys think it will be good to dive again? I dived it twice in the Spring time and it was perfect, but that was several years ago. All the reports I have read lately have said that the water was murky rather than clear.

When do you guys think it will be good to dive again? I dived it twice in the Spring time and it was perfect, but that was several years ago. All the reports I have read lately have said that the water was murky rather than clear.

We’ve had a ton of rain this week. It’s probably going to be gross for a month or so.

Thanks very much. I remember it being a spectacular dive, but that was with crystal clear viz. I imagine it is a whole different experience when it is murky.

I'll maybe give it a try later in the year when it has dried up some.

We’ve had a ton of rain this week. It’s probably going to be gross for a month or so.

Boy that's an understatement.

10" at my house as of yesterday afternoon. The news this morning said closer to 20" in Perry.

Since you are local to it, is there a time in the year (obviously not set in stone), that you plan to dive Buford? I know early spring time is good, but I am wondering when the Buford "season" starts at the end of year. Maybe September/October?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom