Found GoPro Hero 4 - Cozumel/Shallows above Santa Rosa Wall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I contacted the dive company and they think they know who it belongs to. It did not have a floating handle on it. I'll post back here if it turns out not to be the person the dive shop thinks it belongs to. Thanks everyone!

Isn't the idea of adding a float so it will float rather than sink? This one sank to the sandy bottom.
Our first GoPro had the little foam pillow thing on the back of the waterproof case. It might float if you were snorkeling but would compress at depth and sink like a stone, especially with the ever so hated selfie stick attached.

See y'all on the reefs!
Jay

Our first GoPro had the little foam pillow thing on the back of the waterproof case. It might float if you were snorkeling but would compress at depth and sink like a stone, especially with the ever so hated selfie stick attached.

See y'all on the reefs!
Jay

Having used foam plumbing insulation wrap on the arms for my strobes that makes some sense. I guess the question re that loss is at what depth did it escape?

Snorkeling you want a float (positive boyant) camera setup. Diving you want your camera to be as nuetral as possible. You don't want to chase your camera to the surface because of decompression sickness and you would be tempted to chase it. A Neural camera should stay around the same depth. Even dropped off a boat a neutral camera should not sink like a rock and can be retrived if you are quick.

Mi dos centavos.

You don't want to chase your camera to the surface because of decompression sickness and you would be tempted to chase it.

And I have seen that happen...the chasing to the surface.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom