Manifold for Twin 117's vs AL80 doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Landlocked123

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am banding a set of Faber 117's. Dumb question but here goes. Other than the rating for HP on the manifold do I need a special manifold that is longer given the valves would be futher apart from eachother given the increased circumference of the tanks? I now manifolds are adjustable but is there a higher thread count manifold that needs to be used? or can I use say the same DGX manifold I used on my AL80 doulbes just with the higher pressure rating?

Manifolds are the same for 7.25 and 8 inch tanks. The bands are different. The center to center spacing is the same between the two. However, the bands have a narrower gap. Google image it.

. I think I get it . I ordered the 3 inch Highland bands made for 8 inch tanks.. So I guess it should work. Thank you

Maybe this helps:

20190714_225302.jpg

That Manifold will work for 8 or 7.25 inch tanks. The center to center distance remains the same 8.46 inches. Call it 8.5 inches. Works on al80's and your 117's and a lot of other tanks.

Now here is the part that changes. Notice the center section of the bands where the bolt hole is. On a 7.25 band (Al80) there is a wide metal plate.
20190714_225902.jpg

On the 8 inch bands (117) the plate with the bolt hole is narrow.
20190714_225839.jpg

Now why would they do that? Because it allows the center to center distance of the tanks to remain the same. (8.5 inches)

20190714_225808.jpg

20190714_225711.jpg

Hope that helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom