Seeking central FL dive shop recommendations for equipment service & repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GR8FUL

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I live in central FL (Ocala / Villages area) & am looking for recommendations for local dive shops / operators who can service my equipment. Obviously the closer to me the better, but Gainesville / High Springs is pretty easy to get to, otherwise Orlando & Tampa/St. Pete area is OK. Any recommendations?

Related questions:

How often do you get your regulator / BCD / Hoses inspected & serviced?

Does a BCD even need to be serviced, i.e., if the bladder isn't leaking and the inflator / dump valves aren't sticking, you're good to go??

Generally-speaking, what's a reasonable charge for basic BCD & regulator service?

what kind of regulators do you have as that's going to determine who to go to.

Regulators get serviced when the IP is creeping or something is leaking
BCD doesn't get serviced unless it's leaking and those are all field repairs
Hoses are inspected before each dive, but no service required on those.

I would recommend getting in touch with @The Chairman as he does equipment service clinics in the Ft. White ish area *near Amigo's*. He will be able to show you how to do all of the checks/minor repairs on your gear and is trained to repair just about everything.

There are two shops in High Springs: Extreme Exposure and Cave Country Dive Shop, and one in Fort White, Amigos Dive Center. All three will service your regulators. Call them and talk to them about the other gears you'd like service, and go with whichever you feel comfortable with.

I've been happy dealing with all three for either servicing my gear or getting gas fills.

Good luck!

what kind of regulators do you have as that's going to determine who to go to.

Regulators get serviced when the IP is creeping or something is leaking

I have a Dive Rite regulator (sorry, don't know model #) & Scuba Pro Knighthawk BCD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom