Best Diving Sites (August 2019)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TBH I wouldn't recommend the only liveaboard the FP Master based on friends feedback and I don't think a liveaboard is the right choice for French Polynesia. Other than the master there is the Paul Gaugin which is a small cruise ship with diving available or the Arenui supply ship if you have lots of time. Flying between Rangiroa Papeete and Fakarava is your only real choice.

I dive with Rangiroa Plongee a French op who are CMAS but 6 passengers seems to get good reviews on Rangiroa (think they may be PADI) and I prefer to stay at the pensions along the pass with local families - pension Tiena and Marie is my choice.

On Fakarava dive spirit get very good wraps.

It seems if you're after a resort experience maybe moorea or bora bora may be a better option.

I'm with Cali Girl - Komodo and RA are different diving to me - similar but not the same.

Eco resorts with diving - try Fiji, Christmas Island (not sure how Eco) Timor, again of these I'd suggest only Fiji has the pool spa cocktails resort deal happening. Rainbow Reef and White Wall - have a look around there :wink:

Thanks everyone! I think I’ve decided on Egypt because you can’t beat the price.

If you have recommendations on which dive resorts/dive operations to use, I would love to hear it! I think I might do 10 days in Sharm and 10 days in Hurghada, although I can be convinced to stay 21 days in a single spot.

I’d like to have a nice oceanfront/beach front hotel, next to a dive shop, and not super duper crowded.

Thanks everyone!

Hmmm... having been to both numerous time I can confidently say Komodo is very different than Raja.... Just about every region in Indonesia is unique in many ways.

Interesting. All the dive instructors at my RA dive resort told me that I shouldn’t feel a need to visit Komodo after spending three weeks in RA. “You’ll see the same things as here but the reefs are not as nice.” So I decided to set my sights elsewhere. But I’m glad to know I have another reason to visit the area. The diving is like no other. I hope to do Komodo and Misool in the future.

All,

thanks for your help. I decided to go to the Red Sea. I'm staying at the Hyatt and diving with Red Sea Waterworld. My last PADI Travel experience wasn't amazing--I wasn't impressed with the dive shop--but I'm hoping this experience is better.

Back
Top Bottom