Current Conditions Dutch Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sunday was 15-20’ of viz.
At 60’ temperature was 51 degF

Thank you, so basically the width of a platform?

Despite the usual July weekend heavy traffic during the weekend, divers were reporting good visibility up at the scuba rental shop.

Thank you, so basically the width of a platform?

I have learned over several decades of diving - someones viz report is always more generous than mine.

Some say if I can see a shadow at 15 feet that is the viz. I say if i can see you clearly at 5 feet and see shadows at 15 feet - the viz is 5 feet.
It is the half full half empty phenomena - but I prefer the where does it start to degrade viz rather than the furthest spec I can see viz...

YMMV :) Save diving.

I have learned over several decades of diving - someones viz report is always more generous than mine.

Some say if I can see a shadow at 15 feet that is the viz. I say if i can see you clearly at 5 feet and see shadows at 15 feet - the viz is 5 feet.
It is the half full half empty phenomena - but I prefer the where does it start to degrade viz rather than the furthest spec I can see viz...

Understood. Thanks. I like the idea of where it starts to degrade too as opposed to the tiniest movement!

Looks like we're still going unless someone else chimes in to say it's horrible. Again, I could care less, I'm just happy to get wet...but if my wife has a bad time, it'll suck...

Using a different metric. On Sunday from one side of the fire truck you could see the other side of the truck.

Using a different metric. On Sunday from one side of the fire truck you could see the other side of the truck.

Front to back, or side to side?

Good day to all. Just wanted to say I really appreciate everyone's feedback. You have no idea (or maybe you do:)) how much better my dive will be and how much better my DRIVE will be with the Mrs. having a good time.

Thanks again!

Very much agree. If you can see that there is a diver out there at 15 feet and can tell who it is at 5 feet - the vis is 5 feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom