Andy Phillips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I never had the honor to meet Andy but always found his videos professional and entertaining. Blue skies Andy.

I will be arranging a memorial dive for Andy here with some UDC Alum from the early to mid 2000s ..... Andy got me hooked with his professional responses to my emails and over the top attitude about what made UDC tick. In person he could light up the island and made you want to push your own levels of professionalism. He never directly taught me but his fingerprints are all over my success as an instructor and dive shop owner due to the nearly dozen or so instructors I worked with as a DM and AI in my 7 months on Utila.

If anyone in the Hawaiian Islands is looking to participate we will most likely have a moment at sea with some kind words said by old friends here in the coming weeks. PM me or email me if you would like to participate as we are shooting for the second week in July. Some tears, some cheers and some beers..... only wish he was here to take it all in. Mahalo Andy!

There is now a go fund me page set up to assist Andy' family.
Andy worked and had dealings in various countries which has created labyrinth task of trying to track down assets and liabilities which will inevitably create travel costs and more importantly legal representation costs in these various countries. Marie-Claude and Andy’s sister will be trying to navigate these costly issues. The mere fact that it is an ongoing investigation means that Andy is still considered a missing person and only exacerbates the burden on MC and the family.

Click here to support Help family of Andy Phillips organized by Jessi Pfeltz

Has any additional information been released as regards Andy's death? Many of us who knew and dived with Andy were shocked to learn of his passing and am left wondering what in the world happened. Andy was the most competent diver I've ever known.

I doubt that we will get anything other than a cause of death from the coroner

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom